10. Sunny Is Ridiculously Hot

Even if we have everything, there's always something others have that we envy.
* * *

|Anmol|

For the next few days, Ashar slept on the sofa in our bedroom.

Maybe it was because of the closet incident or because of my distant attitude towards him.

Who knew?

I resumed working on the set of In Too Deep with loads of patience and dedication. The Director turned out to be a strict man with no time for any little mistakes. He gave me absolutely no breaks.

As for home, school was starting for Ashar's sisters and he took care of that. They were being sent to new private schools which my mom was paying for.

I wondered how he was going to explain that to them.

In the midst of that, Mom called me and told me to attend Yash uncle's party. Yash uncle was my dad's older brother. Only because he always treated me like his own daughter, I accepted the invitation through Mom. She couldn't make it due to her being out of the country for a business trip.

"Ashar, do you have any plans for Friday night?" I asked him after dinner in the bedroom.

He sighed, fixing his pillow on the couch.

"Yeah. I have a date."

"With who?" I frowned, pulling my blankets only to my waist as I sat up in bed. He grinned slightly and I realized how it wasn't my business.

"Why do you care?"

"Look, Mom wants us both to attend my uncle's business party. He's pretty close to us. If you don't want to go, it's fine--"

"Do you want me to go?" he interrupted calmly.

"I don't really care." I shrugged. "I mean, if you really have a date on Friday, then you can tend to that." It felt odd to be intruding on someone and asking for their time. Genuinely, I wondered if he was serious about having a date or not.

"Don't worry, my date will understand. I have to perform my husbandly duties, first." He was definitely serious about a date.

Nevertheless, Ashar said he was going with me.

I gave him a nod before laying down and pulling the blankets up to my face. My thoughts wandered around Ashar's words regarding a date. Who would date him?

He was a waiter!

A married one.

* * *

"How do I look? Before you say anything, the dress is Prada."

I stood in front of Ashar wearing my black, tube dress with a round collar covered with lacing. Since a certain someone was going to be at the party, I wanted to look the best. Ashar's gaze went up and down, surverying my body for a good five minutes before I slapped his arm and urged him to tell his opinion.

He gave a thumbs up.

"Beautiful. You look beautiful," he said, his gaze holding mine.