6. Wifey & Me

6. Wifey & Me
Accept it, neglect it, you're still my wife.

* * *

[Ashar's POV]

"You don't know how much I owe you, Cece."

If Cecily hadn't attended my call and showed up to help, I'd have been standing in that parking lot all night. Rosie fell asleep in the car. Aara had a sleepy look too. We had just reached Ashiyana and my anger was right underneath the surface. Anmol was probably sleeping peacefully while my family suffered!

"It's okay," Cece said. "Are you gonna tell me what's going on?"

I pursed my lips and picked Rosie out of the car. "We'll talk after I get some things out of the way," I told Cece. She simply nodded and we entered the house. I dropped an upset Aara in her room and Rosie in hers before heading off to mine.

As expected, Anmol was fast asleep. I slammed the bedroom door.

She didn't wake up.

She's definitely pretending.

Well, if she wanted to go down this road, I wasn't going to stop her. By dragging my sisters in her scheme . . . she broke my first condition in the contract and hit a nerve.

She needed a taste of her own medicine.

[Anmol's POV]

Something was wrong. Ashar came in late (did he ride some public transport?) and slammed the door. That was it. Nothing else.

I heard him shift onto the bed. He was going to sleep already?

Suddenly, a smell of cologne mixed with dessert filled my nostrils. Why was the serf next to me? I could feel his warm breath on my cheek.

What in the world is he planning?!

Rape! I was ready to scream and throw away my blanket.

"Say cheese, Ano."

Huh?

On reflex, my eyes opened only to be shut immediately by a flash.

A flash?!

I shot up straight in bed and found Ashar rolling off the bed with his phone in hands and eyes glued to the screen. I turned on the bedside lamp almost knocking over the photo frame of me and my dad. I quickly made sure it was okay before turning to Ashar. He was still in the same outfit as earlier except with pastry pieces on it, and his face had blood stains. Getting punched was his own fault.

"What was that?" I asked.

He smirked. "Another addition to embarrassing your husband in public." What was he planning? Why wasn't he mad?

Ashar smiled and headed to the bathroom.

Strange guy.

I lied back down and attempted to doze off.

The bathroom door opened after a while, but Ashar didn't come back on the bed. He left the room.