9. Ashar Saves The Day

Sorry doesn't gain you forgiveness; chocolate does.

* * *

|Anmol|

I spent ten minutes in the bathroom and realized I grabbed wrong clothes for today. Ending up back in my closet, I changed into jeans and a designer blouse when I realized I wasn't the only one in the closet.

"I should sleep in here more often," Ashar said, laying on the floor, hardly three feet away from me.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at Ashar. Did I really just change in front of him? "You--you--pervert!" I began grabbing my shoes and hitting him with it. "Why didn't you say something or get out?!"

A sleepy but amused expression stretched across his face.

"Why would I?"

Oh god!

First, my head was killing me. Second, my husband was a pervert who got on my nerves even more. I threw the last of my high heels at him, hearing his laughter in return. How could be so cheerful?

What was so happy about running late?

Finalizing to deal with the moron later, I hurried out of my closet, kicking my shoes and heels his way. Quickly, I gathered all my papers and ran to my car. The driver was already set, waiting for me.

We reached the set in twenty minutes and I could hear the director asking about me.

Roshan had sent plenty of voicemails, texts, etc, but my phone was on silent.

I was in so much trouble.

"Look who's here," the director said.

"I'm so sorry--"

He snatched the folder out of my hand, surveying its contents. Roshan gave me pitiful look. Understanding this could be my last day, I waited for the verdict. Fortunately, I did have all the work done, so the director could let this one go.

"Where are the call sheets?" Mr. Osborne asked.

"It's in the folder--" He handed it to me, impatiently. I frowned, taking the file from him and flipping through it. I had redone the call sheets yesterday because of Rosie, so I knew I had them. But they weren't in there! "I swear I put them in here."

"First, you enter in two and a half hours late, and second, you're completely unprepared for the first day of the shoot," Mr. Osborne said in a condescending tone. "I want you out."

"What?! No!" I said, horrified.

If I got kicked out of working with such a talented director, it could hurt me in the future. I needed to learn his secrets to filmmaking. His movies were all successful.

"Get out," he said coolly, though I knew he was furious. Who wouldn't be? I couldn't even give an excuse of traffic or my dog dying. "Ms. Majhraut, please don't make me call security."

"Mr. Osborne, please--" Roshan started, but the director held up his hand.

"No. Out," he said firmly.

Disappointed in myself, I hugged the file and closed my eyes for a moment. I forgot to ask Papa to be with me this morning. No wonder all hell broke loose. Pivoting on my heels, I rubbed my eyes and was astonished to find Ashar running on the set.