17. Snowy Night

RECAP: Ano went to a bar to hang out with her friends after work and ended up meeting Sunny. His disrespectful insistence annoyed Ano to the point she dumped liquid on him. Then she left the place right away.

17. Snowy Night
Something felt right. Right in my heart.

"C'mon! Take me home!"

I screamed at my car for the fiftieth time. It was the most useless piece of trash produced by mankind and it had to fall in my hands. In addition, I had given my driver off today for some stupid reason, and now, I was stuck in the middle of a snowstorm.

It was all Roshan's fault for taking me out! I would've been home by now had I gone with my original plan.

I had underestimated the amount of snow we were getting. This particular car of mine wasn't suited for this weather. I ended up on the side of the road dying of hypothermia (not really) as I attempted to call my mother's secretary. He usually arranged solutions to my problems.

Too bad there was no reception in this weather. When the phone did work, no one picked up. Eventually, the battery died.

I abandoned the car and trudged through the snow. There were a few cars coming down slowly on the opposite side of the road. I waved for help until one car stopped.

The driver offered me a ride home but I told him my work address not home address. People here knew about Aashiyana and I didn't want this guy to know I was rich.

I could be kidnapped.

Unfortunately, he was one of the decent folks here and dropped me off safely.

I thanked him numerous times.

I ended up back on the sets, dusting off snow on my Moncler Grenoble fur trim puffer jacket. As I went to the lobby, I was taken aback by a familiar figure, staring at an abstract painting on the wall.

"What are you doing here?" I asked bewildered. Shouldn't he be home?

Ashar stood in a plain black jacket paired with black jeans and thick snow boots, his hands shoved in his pockets.

At the sound of my voice, he met my eyes. "Finally," he said relieved. I returned it with a questioning look. "You mom's secretary got your missed calls and the voicemail that your car wasn't working. He tried to reach you but your phone's dead, I guess." I nodded. "When he told me, I offered to come pick you up from work but this place is as stranded as a desert."

Never had I thought I'd be delighted to see Ashar out of all the people.

"Let's go home!" I said smiling.

"No can do. The governor declared a state of emergency." He shrugged. I stared into his serious brown eyes which remained truthful. Before I could protest I didn't care, he continued, "I'm not dying, and I can't let you die either. I don't wanna be widowed so young."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed. "You'd rather be a divorcée?" I couldn't help but ask.

"It's a trend nowadays," he said. I plopped down on an uncomfortable chair. He took the one across from me as if we were waiting in a doctor's office. "My parents got divorced when I was young, so I'll be following in their footsteps."