4. My Bed Is Mine

4. My Bed Is Mine
Sharing is caring--doesn't apply to rich people.

* * *

"You," I pointed at Cecily who gave me a blank look, "bring a glass of water for me to my room."

She nodded and went towards the kitchen.

I didn't say anything to Ashar and his family but headed upstairs to my bedroom. I changed from my wedding dress into my Ralph Lauren sweatpants and tee.

[Ashar's POV]

The things I wanted to say about my wife . . . were very hard to control. My sisters gave disapproving looks as the Mole went upstairs. She was really make a terrible impression.

"She's a meanie," Rosie whispered to me.

Aara gave me a look. "Who is she?"

I knew she was suspicious. I told one of the maids to show the girls their rooms. We'd talk later. Meanwhile I checked up on Cece. She was going to Anmol's room and I figured I might as well walk with her. After all, I had to share the same room as the brat.

"Cece, what're you doing here?" I asked.

"Can't you see?" she asked quietly. "The waitress job was given to someone else. I got my internship back along with this offer. All thanks to you, Ash." She gave a sarcastic chuckle. "My new boss, aren't you? Managed to marry someone you sent to jail. Brilliant. Just tell me how."

Under the contract, no one except Anmol, Mrs. Majhraut, and I could know about our deal.

But Cecily was a trustable person.

We reached a tall, cream-colored door which I opened for the both of us. "I'll explain later," I told her.

She gave me the cold shoulder and walked past me, setting the tray with water on a table. The table had a leather sofa behind it and a flatscreen TV across from it. I looked around the room that was the size of my apartment. There wasn't a lot of furniture. Some long carpets, a huge bed, a large dresser to the side, and lots of curtains. This place was so much nicer!

I noticed Anmol in the back of the room in a secluded area, lying on a mat with eyes closed.

Cece patiently waited and I gestured her to leave. I needed a talk with Anmol first.

She sort of appeared dead.

What?

I can't be that lucky!

"Are you alive, wifey?" I asked, bending down next to her ear.

She immediately shot up in a sitting position. "What the--?!" Seeing me, she said, "Go to your room and don't bother me."

I grinned. "This is my room." She narrowed her eyes at me. "After marriage, husband and wife share a room. Like rommates." She was slow.

"Look," she said pointing her index finger at me which I slapped away, "idiot. Look, this marriage won't last long. And I don't plan on having a serious marriage after this either. Go move into the guest bedroom, my hired husband."