Chapter 1: Love Within the Obsidian

⚠️ NSFW

Author's note: Dream has been in prison for about 5 months, meaning George and Dream have been dating for about 9 months. After 5 months without his boyfriend, Dream thought he was going to fall apart. The only thing keeping him around was the thought of seeing George again.

Dream sat on his bed in the corner of his cell, drawing in one of his journals. A bell rings and the speakers come on.

"Dream, you have a visitor," Sam says into a microphone that goes to Dream's cell.

"Who?" Dream responded.

"He says it's a surprise," Sam stated to Dream.

"Ok," Dream said, confused. He got up and threw the book on top of the chest that sat on the opposite side of the room. Dream stood in the center of his cell, waiting for the lava to fall. The netherite blocks raised as the other side of the prison came into view. Dream squinted, having trouble seeing who stood on the platform. The platform moved closer and the person came into view.

"George?" Dream's face started to light up. He paced around the room a little bit and then sat down on the bed in his cell. The platform came to a stop and George stepped off it and onto the obsidian floor. George stood still facing Dream.

"Hi Dream," he said, a wide smile on his face. Dream peered over George's shoulder and looked at Sam standing on the other side. He stood up and walked over to his little speaker.

"Let us be for this one..." He paused, "I'll tell you when I'm ready."

"You have one hour, max," Sam responded. Dream sighed and turned to George. The netherite blocks fell but George stayed where he was.

"Hi George," Dream said, shifting his weight on his feet. The two stayed silent for a moment. George looked around the cell.

"How have you been?" George asked unsteadily.

"Do I really have to answer that question?" Dream chuckled. George gave a small smile. Another pause.

"What's it like? Living in an obsidian box?" George asked, still looking at the floor. Dream laughed and walked up to George. George avoided eye contact as Dream slipped his hand over George's hand.

"I missed you," Dream said, ignoring George's previous question.

"I uh-" George started, but he was interrupted by Dream's hand on his chin. Dream tilted up George's head and kissed him softly on the lips. George stood stunned for a second. Dream stepped back, but George grabbed his face and started kissing him back. George wrapped his arms around Dream's neck and started to stumble back. Dream pinned him against the wall and continued to make out with George. George crumbled from the touch of Dream's lips on his. The taste of Dream made him melt as Dream placed his hands on George's hips.

After a couple minutes of making out, Dream picked George up and pushed him onto the cell bed. Dream climbed on top of him and put his hand around George's neck. George bit his lip and well.. I'll let you guess what happens next.

[Heatwaves starts playing and the screen fades to black]

[The scene fades back in]

George and Dream lay horizontally on the bed facing the ceiling while their legs hung off the side. They both breathe heavily, trying to catch their breath. They look at each other and smile. Dream chuckles, slowly sitting up. George pushes himself up and sits on the side of the bed, shaking slightly. Dream gets up and walks over to the sink. George winced as he tried to stand up to put his pants on. Dream walked over to George with a cup of water and kissed him on the forehead. He walked back over to the sink to put on his pants. George took a sip of water and noticed the book on top of the chest in the corner.

"What's that?" he asked Dream, pointing towards the chest. Dream picks up the journal and flips it in his hand.

"This? This is one of my journals. I draw and write in my free time, which is all the time nowadays. I've gotten pretty good at drawing, I think." He walks over to the bed and sits next to George, handing him the book. George opens the cover and flips through some of the pages. Dream, easily getting distracted, kisses George's bare shoulder and notices the hickey on George's neck. He reached his hand up and touched it.

"Ow," George said calmly, pulling away slightly.

"Oh, sorry," Dream said, placing his hand back beside him. George flips the page of the journal and looks at the drawing.

"Is this meant to be us?" He asked, pointing to a doodle of two guys cuddling. Dream smiled.

"Yeah!" He said excitedly, "Every one of these pictures has something that reminds me of you." He flipped a few pages ahead, "Like this one is of our first date," He flips 2 more pages ahead. "And this is what I would imagine you in a wedding dress." George laughed and looked at Dream.

"You really think I would wear a wedding dress?" George asked jokingly. Dream shrugged and smiled.

"I've worn one before so might as well put you in one." They laughed and caught each other's gaze. George quickly looked away, turning his attention back on the journal. He flipped the page but it was blank.

"I haven't filled this one yet, but almost that whole chest is full of completely filled journals." Dream said turning to George. George looked at Dream but immediately looked back at the book.

"Can I write something?" George asked.

"Sure, go ahead!" Dream said, handing George a pen. Dream rested his head on George's shoulder as George hovered the pen above the page. George turned towards Dream.

"Don't look!" He said smiling and turning so Dream's head would fall off his shoulder. He laughed and kissed Dream, then turning his back towards Dream so he could write without him looking. Dream laughed and looked away. Suddenly a ring sounded and the speaker came on.