Chapter 9: The Journey Home

He quickly approached one platform away and saw a group of people standing by it. They all turned around and gave George a wave. They seemed older and more mature. George overheard them when they turned back around.

"Poor guys looks so young!" One of them said.

"Well did you see the other guy? He looks so lost and he's been at the platform all day!"

"Maybe they know each other?"

"Watch and maybe we will see."

George glanced back at the group and kept walking. A tall figure came into his view as he squinted his eyes to see further. George picked up his pace, almost running. The figure quickly turned into a guy who stood looking up at one of the large signs. He turned towards George and leaned forward, trying to see who it was. George was finally in view and could recognize who it was.

"DREAM!" He yelled from 200 feet away. He started sprinting towards Dream. It was like his feet weren't fast enough to carry him to safety. Dream sprinted towards George with the widest smile on his face.

They collided in an embrace and George immediately started crying. Tears started to stream down Dream's face as he lay his head on top of George's. George nuzzled his head into Dream's chest and squeezed his arms around his waist. They stayed hugging for what felt like an eternity, sobbing and rocking back and forth in each other's arms. Dream picked his hand up off of George's back and wiped the tears off George's cheek. Smiling, he brought his hand underneath George's chin, tilting his head up just enough. He kissed him softly on the lips and everything stopped. George kissed him back as Dream held him safely in his arms.

After a few minutes, George stepped back and wiped the tears from his face. Dream put his hand on George's cheek, simply feeling the touch of George's skin under his fingertips made him feel safe. George put his hand over Dream's and sighed. They both smiled.

"You did it, Baby, you made it!" Dream said, embracing George again. George didn't say anything. He smiled and wrapped his arms around Dream's neck, pulling him in for another kiss. Dream put his hands on George's waist and kissed him once more. Dream chuckled.

"Did you miss me?" Dream whispered into George's ear.

"More than you would ever know," George replied, smiling ear to ear. George pulled his sleeve above his hand and wiped the tears off of Dream's face. Dream smiled and kissed George on the forehead.

"I'm assuming you got my messages." Dream said, stepping away so he could look at George's face.

"Yes, how did you do that?" George said, looking up at Dream. Dream pointed towards the ticket booths.

"Those ticket men can do anything. When the patrol saw me sitting on a bench for the third night in a row, he invited me into his office and showed me around. Turns out you can watch your loved ones through a tv screen and send them messages in times of need. Usually, the message is sent as an object or some sort of sign, but if you have a tight enough bond with someone, you can send them voice messages."

George looked at Dream in awe.

"I know, pretty cool, right?" Dream said, pulling George in for a hug. "I just can't believe it actually worked! And now you're here. With me." George smiled as he looked up at Dream.

"I can't believe it either." He said, staring into Dream's eyes. "Have I ever told you how beautiful your eyes are?" Dream chuckled and kissed George on the head, pulling him tighter into the hug.

"I missed you so much." Dream said, resting his head on George's.

"I missed you too," George said into Dream's sweatshirt. Dream let go of his grasp and stepped away from George for a second. Dream grabbed George's hand as the train pulled up beside him. The doors opened and everyone started boarding. Dream and George find a seat and George rests his head on Dream's shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm here right now... with you," George said to Dream.

"I know," Dream replied with a pause. "I finally feel like we can be free with no one to interrupt us, no one to tell us what's wrong or right, and no one to judge us." George sat with his head on Dream's shoulder and sighed.

"You finally feel like we are at home," George said smiling.

"Yeah. At home." Dream smiled and looked down at George. The train's doors closed and it started to shake as it began moving. Dream looked out the window as the train station turned back into a sheet of white. He sighed.

"I love you, George."

"... I love you too, Clay." 

Author's Note: Hehe you guys thought it was over, but there's so much more! I wrote the first 9 chapters very quickly and only went back to tweak a few things. Now, you get some of my real writing style and what I think is some of my better work. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far! <3