Chapter 13: The Little Things

[ A few weeks have passed, it is now August 11th ] 

George had the top half of his body laying on Dream's torso when his alarm started to go off. George lifted himself, trying not to press on Dream and wake him up, but Dream stirred. George reached over and grabbed his phone to silence the alarm. Dream opened one of his eyes and grabbed George's arm before he could get up.

"No don't go," he mumbled in a sleepy voice, "You're so warm." George smiled and leaned down to kiss Dream on the forehead.

"I have to leave, Love, or I'm gonna be late for work."

"Five more minutes, please," Dream pouted, keeping his eyes closed. He stuck his bottom lip out and tugged on George's arm more, causing him to lose his balance. George caught himself so he wouldn't crash onto Dream's stomach. Dream did this almost every morning, no matter how quiet George tried to be. George smiled and leaned down so he could kiss Dream. George looked at his phone and sat on the edge of the bed. He got up and went to the other side of the bed.

"Happy Anniversary, Love," He whispered into Dream's ear and kissed him on the cheek. He went into the bathroom to get ready for work. He worked as a nurse for the community hospital. It might seem weird, a hospital in the afterlife, but it was supposed to simulate everything that happens in reality. Even getting hurt or sick. Although the hospital was never that busy, George really enjoyed what he did and he familiarized himself with the community very quickly. The only downside was his hours. He got up at 1:00 am to be there at 2:00 and worked until 2:00 pm to be home and fast asleep by 4:00 pm. It wasn't the best, but he always got the weekends to himself.

Despite it being their one-year anniversary, Dream and George had no plans. It was a Friday and they had agreed not to do anything until Saturday. They still didn't plan anything for Saturday though, mostly because they never had time to sit down and discuss what they should do. They both just thought they'd go out for dinner and a movie like any other weekend, just this time it would be more special. They had only been dating for a year, but really it felt like 4 because of how much time they spent together. Dream's prison sentence put a big dent in their relationship, so they are holding onto everything they have now.

George put on his scrubs and headed out to work, saying goodbye to Dream before leaving. The night was foggy but the scent of the mist made George feel so at home. The street lights made a cool effect in the fog and the temperature was just a little chilly. George took a deep breath of the morning air and sighed, looking down at his keychain. He stared at a picture of him and Dream that they took on their second date. George smiled and turned around to lock the door behind him. He walked down the stairs and into the street, getting in his car and driving off to work. 

Author's note: This chapter was really short, more of a fill-in than anything. Also, I forgot about Dream's birthday while writing this so let's just say they celebrate it along with their anniversary. I literally picked a random date for their anniversary and it just so happened to be the day before Dream's birthday lmao.