Chapter 7: Time Doesn't Always Heal

Sapnap came back into the room a minute or two later. His eyes were full of tears and his face was red. He held about half a stack of obsidian and a flint and steel in his hands. He placed them on the table in front of George and simply said, "Do what you have to do."

George looked up at Sapnap, his expression was unreadable. Sapnap stared at George for a few minutes before George began to stand up. Sapnap thought he might apologize for yelling at him, but instead, George grabbed the obsidian and flint and steel from the table and headed towards the door.

"Wait, George! I-" Sapnap said in shock, "I- I-'' He struggled to find the right words. "I'm gonna miss you." George didn't respond as he turned the door handle. "... And I love you..." Sapnap said just loud enough for George to hear. George looked back at Sapnap for a quick second and opened the door.

"Thank you Sapnap... for everything." He turned around and walked out the door. He walked straight towards the community house, with no detours. Callahan spotted George walking steadily towards the community house and tried to get his attention.

"Everything ok, George?" Callahan asked. But no answer. George kept walking. Callahan began to follow him, trying to catch up with him. "George, what's going on?" he repeated. He followed him into the community house and up the stairs to the nether portal. George got into the portal, but Callahan stopped there. BadBoyHalo came up next to Callahan.

"What's up with him?" Bad questions.

"I don't know..." Callahan replied, "But I have a feeling something bad is going to happen." Callahan and Bad go into the portal, meeting Sam on the other side. "Did you see George come through here?" Callahan asked Sam.

"Yeah I saw him heading towards the roof, he looked worried." They all looked at each other and began running to the nether roof. Once they got there, George was nowhere to be found.

"Shit!" Callahan said, looking around. "Where could he have gone!?!"

"We can't waste any time!" Bad said, "We need to start looking now!"

⚠️TW: Suicide ⚠️

George sat on the ledge of a cliff, looking down at the lava. He wasn't scared, he wasn't sad, he wasn't angry, but he cried. He didn't know what to do. He just sat there, letting his legs swing and his thoughts wander.

"Come with me" George heard a voice say. "Just don't think about it too much and you will be here in no time." George looked around wondering where the voice was coming from. The voice was choppy and hard to recognize so George sat still waiting for it again. "I miss you, Georgie. I want you to come home."

"Dream?" George said, lifting his head. "Dream, is that you?"

"Come with me, Baby. I don't know how much longer I can go without you." Tears started streaming down George's face.

"I- I can't Dream, I just can't. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't have very many options but I still can't choose!"

"Please, just come home. Sapnap will be ok, I promise. I just want you here with me. If we can't have one last time, let's have one forever." George sat sobbing into his lap and gripping his hair. He pulled his legs up from above the ledge and started pacing.

"I CAN'T!" He screamed "I just ... I just..." He stopped pacing and thought for a second. "I just wanna go home..." He pulled the picture out of his sweatshirt pocket and looked at the picture of them together. He smiled through his tears. "I wanna go home," he whispered to himself.

George slowly walked closer and closer to the ledge. Just inches away he looked into the lava and whispered. "I'm coming home" as he opened his arms and fell backward into the lava. Callahan, BadBoyHalo, and Sam all jump through the portal to see George's feet disconnect from the nether floor.

"NOOOOOO!" Callahan screamed in agony as he fell to the floor. Bad dropped to his knees and put his arms around Callahan. Sam stood behind them, watching George fall.

<George tried to swim in lava>

<George left the game>

"We were too late..." Sam whispered to himself, "He actually did it..."