Chapter 11: Welcome Home

⚠️ NSFW

[ June 20th ]

George sat on the couch quietly typing. It was a hot and sunny morning in the afterlife, just how Dream likes it. It was the first day after arriving and George's first game plan was to get a job. An odd thing to have in the afterlife, but it's meant to reflect on real-life as much as possible. It gives people a second chance, which was exactly what Dream and George needed. Dream walked into the living room stretching, he had just gotten out of bed.

"Good morning sleepyhead," George said, not looking up from his computer. Dream walked over to the couch and stood behind George.

"Good morning, Beautiful," Dream said in his raspy morning voice. He began to lean down against the couch, getting closer to George.

"How did you sleep?" George asked, still ignoring Dream's actions.

"Good," Dream looked down at George's computer and started kissing George's bare shoulders. George tried to ignore Dream and kept typing.

"What's your plan for today?" George asked, trying to get Dream to stop. But he didn't.

"I think you know what my plan is..." Dream whispered into George's ear.

"No." George didn't hesitate. "I don't have time, can't you see I'm doing something?"

"Oh, come on! Just for 20 minutes, please!"

"No! We just got here, I want to get settled in and find good work before we mess around."

"You're no fun, George! Messing around is part of getting settled in!"

"Still no."

Dream walked around the couch and picked up George's computer, putting it off to the side. He climbed on top of George and kissed him.

"Please?" Dream said with puppy eyes and sticking out his bottom lip. George smiled but still shook his head.

"NO! I have a lot of papers to write for work and even more meetings to attend."

"UGH, you're no fun!" Dream whined, getting off of George. "But you look so good! How do you expect me to come out here to the hot man that I love sitting in just his underwear and not want to fuck him?"

"Just go away, Dream!"

Dream pouted and walked over to the kitchen. He paused, thinking about what to say.

"Please! It will only take 10 minutes!"

"NO Dream! Just because we are living in the afterlife doesn't mean you get to fuck me all day long! I'm sorry I can't satisfy your non-stop horny-ness all day because I have other things to do!"

"jUsT bEcAuSe," Dream said, mocking George from behind the kitchen counter.

"Stop mocking me! God, why are you so cranky this morning?!"

"I am not cranky! If anything you're cranky!"

"Am not!" George yelled, sitting up to look at Dream.

"Yes, you are! You are acting like such a bottom!"

"First of all, I am not cranky! And second of all, how many times do I have to tell you, I am not a bottom?"

"George, out of all the people that would know you are a bottom, it would be me!"

"Just because you're a top, doesn't make me a bottom!" George stood up from the couch and walked over to the counter.

"It kinda does, George!"

"No, it doesn't!"

"Yes, it does! Bo-ttom! Bo-ttom! George is a bo-ttom!"

"I am NOT a BOTTOM!" George yelled, grabbing Dream's neck and silencing him with his lips on Dream's. Dream smiled as George kissed him and he started to chuckle. George stopped and pushed Dream into the counter, realizing what he was trying to do.

"Fuck you!" George said, angrily joking. Dream just smiled and looked at George. George went back over to the computer and started typing again, pausing to look over at Dream.

"I love you," Dream chuckled, leaning over the counter.

"I love you too," George said under his breath, sighing and smiling back down at his computer. 

------

⚠️ NSFW (Yes, still) 

[June 25th: Late nights in the middle of June 😏]

A few days passed and both Dream and George found jobs. They were still getting used to the schedules but enjoyed every second they could have together. Their work schedules were very different and oftentimes, George left before Dream was awake but Dream would return home to George fast asleep. One night, George was having trouble sleeping. Their difficult work schedules were throwing him off and he just wanted some alone time with Dream. He stayed up for hours, staring at the ceiling and waiting for Dream. He realized he would be able to sleep and went out into the kitchen.

He sat at the kitchen counter reading a book when he finally heard the key unlocking the door. He immediately put his book down and stood up as Dream opened the door. Dream was shocked that George was awake, but didn't have much time to react before George threw his arms around him and kissed him.

"Can you let me put my stuff down first?" Dream said, chuckling and struggling to get his work coat off. George didn't let go but paused to let Dream take his coat off.

"Did you miss me?" Dream said, smiling down at George, so eager to kiss him again. George didn't respond and just locked his lips onto Dream's. Dream didn't mind as he put his hands on George's waist and kissed him softly. Dream put his hands on the back of George's legs, picking up George. George wrapped his legs tighter around Dream's torso and tightened his grip on Dream's neck, continuing to kiss him. Dream smiled and carried George into the bedroom, closing the door behind him.

[ Screen fades to black ]

[ Screen fades back in ]

George and Dream sat on either side of the bed, George was reading a book and Dream was on his phone. Dream looked up from his phone and over to George who sat quietly.

"How was work?" Dream said.

"It was fine, I guess."

"Why only fine?" George paused for a second and shrugged.

"I missed you more than usual today. I don't really know why though."

"Oh, well I missed you too. I didn't get to tell you how happy I was when I saw the kitchen light on when I walked home, but it really made my day." George smiled and closed his book, looking at Dream.

"It's kinda weird... Being here. I never thought I would get to be sleeping in the same bed as you every night and getting to spend every weekend and weekday with you."

"Yeah... It is kinda weird. But I really enjoy it. I think the weirdest part is not having our friends here."

"Yeah... I haven't really thought about them much since we got here. It is kinda odd not seeing them at all, even if we don't talk very much."

"Yeah," Dream looked at George, locking eye contact, "But I've realized that seeing them every day isn't what makes me me. It's seeing you. Despite not having them here, I'm the happiest I have ever been, and I think you can say the same." George smiled and nodded. Dream sighed and sat up a little bit more.

"I love you, George."

"I love you too, Dream"

"Say that again, but use my real name this time." George hesitated.

"I uh- I love you too... hardened clay," He laughed and Dream shoved his shoulder. Laughing, Dream grabbed George's face and kissed him.

"Try again," Dream said, chuckling.

"I LOVE YOU TOO, CLAY!" George shouted and the two started laughing. 

Author's Note: I combined two chapters here because I felt like they were both quite short. I really enjoyed writing these chapters, lots and lots of fluff! Don't get too settled in though, there's still lots more angst to come. I hope you have a lovely day :)