Chapter 14: Special Times

George was used to coming home to an empty house. It didn't bother him much, besides he enjoyed the peace and quiet after leaving a busy hospital every now and then. As much as he missed seeing Dream every day after work, he loved his job and he still got to spend time with Dream during the weekends. Oftentimes during work, George doesn't think much about it because he is always doing something else. He always had something to think about, whether it was work or Dream, he was never bored. But today was different. It was their one-year anniversary and George realized they hadn't planned anything. He wasn't necessarily distracted by it during work, but he kept thinking about it.

George's workday quickly ended and he packed up all his stuff to head home. He said goodbye to his coworkers and friends and drove home, just like any other Friday. The drive was not far, only about 5 minutes. He enjoyed walking to and from work when it was nice out, only it made him feel lonely because he had to walk alone. He arrived at home and pulled out his keys as he approached the front door. He unlocked the door and pushed it open, noticing a trail of rose petals leading to the bedroom door. He closed the door behind him and put his keys down on the counter, keeping his eyes on the bedroom door.

"Dream?" He said, slowly walking towards the door. The door was cracked, so George slowly pushed it open. Sitting on the ottoman at the end of the bed was Dream, dressed up in a suit and holding a bouquet of roses. George smiled from ear to ear as he looked at the handsome man standing in front of him. Dream held out the bouquet of flowers to George.

"Happy Anniversary," He said with the widest smile on his face. George took the flowers and hugged Dream tightly.

"Happy Anniversary!" He said, shocked. "I thought we weren't going to do anything!" Dream smiled.

"I planned a special day for the two of us tomorrow. I wanted to do it tonight but I knew you would be tired from working all day, so instead, I set up a surprise in the other room." He pointed to the door across the hall. George turned around and started walking towards the door. He looked over his shoulder to make sure Dream was following and slowly opened the door. Inside, Dream had set up a nice fort just big enough for a mattress and TV stand. It was lined with fairy lights and on the mattress was an array of snacks and candy. George turned around and wrapped his arms around Dream's neck.

"Oh my gosh!" He said letting go of Dream and turning back around to look at the fort. "I love it! This is so cute!"

"I didn't want to do anything that required a lot of energy, so I thought a Pinterest-worthy movie night would do the trick." George turned to look at Dream, his eyes beaming with joy. He put his arms around Dream's waist and stood on his tiptoes to kiss him.

"I love it!" George squeezed Dream's waist and rested his head on Dream's chest. "I can't believe you did all this! Thank you, Love!"

"Anything for you, Baby," Dream wrapped his arms around George and kissed the top of George's head.

"How did you get the day off?" George asked, stepping back to look at Dream.

"I pulled some strings with my boss, he's actually a really nice guy," Dream responded, admiring George in his scrubs.

"You look so cute!" Dream didn't get to see George fully in his scrubs often, but he thought George always looked amazing in them. He says that they bring out his figure and hug him in all the right places. George just smiled.

"You look very handsome yourself!" He said looking at the black suit. George also didn't get to see Dream in a suit very often so this was a treat for both of them. George looked at the suit and back up to Dream. He stared into his big green eyes and followed the freckles on his face from one cheek, over his nose, to the other cheek. He looked back up at Dream's eyes. They were so pretty. Dream ran his fingers through George's hair, tilting his head slightly back. George grabbed Dream's tie and tugged on it, pulling Dream down to his height. George kissed him softly and Dream placed his hands comfortably on George's waist. The kiss was soft and romantic, it was like the whole world stopped for those few short seconds.

It had been a while since George had gotten to kiss Dream like that. His kisses always made him feel safe, but these kisses were more magical. Dream loved every single kiss he got from George because it meant he was still there with him and that was all that mattered. George moved his hands from Dream's tie to around Dream's neck and continued to kiss him. George didn't want to let go. Dream pulled George's waist closer to him, putting his right hand on George's cheek. George put his hand on top of Dream's and pulled away from the kiss. He rubbed his thumb on Dream's hand and smiled.

"I love you," Dream said, looking down at George and rubbing his thumb on George's cheek.

"I love you too, Baby."