Chapter 2: Please Don't Go

⚠️ NSFW

"Five minutes, you two! Five minutes!" Sam said over the speaker. George closed the journal and looked towards Dream.

"Wow, it's already almost over!" George said, looking at the floor with the journal in his hands. Dream nodded and picked up his sweatshirt from the floor. He folded it neatly and walked over to George.

"Before you go, I want you to have this." He handed the hoodie to him and kissed his forehead. George took the hoodie and held it in his arms. George tried to stand up but cringed. He quickly sat back down in pain.

"Fuck me!" He whispered under his breath. Dream smiled and bit his lip.

"I already did," he said, smirking. George laughed and hugged the hoodie tighter. Dream helped George to his feet and hugged him tightly. "Hug me while I'm still here," Dream said with pain in his voice. George's expression turned. He seemed quite upset as he looked towards the floor. He felt safe in Dream's arms and never wanted to let go. Dream brought his hand to George's chin and tilted his head up. Dream went to kiss him, but George turned his head away.

"Hey," Dream said, turning George's face back towards him, "Don't push me away because you are scared of what's going to happen next." George avoided eye contact with Dream, but Dream could still see his eyes getting watery. "Let's appreciate the time we have now and worry about the worst later." Dream pulled George into his arms.

"I don't wanna leave you," George muffled into Dream's chest while starting to cry. "What's gonna happen after I'm gone? After you're gone?"

"Look at me..." Dream tried to make eye contact with George, "I don't want you to leave either, George, but we can't think about the worst of what might happen. We can get to see each other every month for one hour, so don't try to throw it away by grieving the passing time. Sure, I'm gonna miss you, but it will all be worth it." Dream choked back tears, squeezing George tighter in his arms. The speaker comes on behind them.

"I'm dropping the lava, only one more minute." Dream walked over to the speaker.

"George is gonna need help walking out if you could come to get him for me." Dream spoke with no shame but George blushed. Dream went back over to George and kissed him again. He stepped back and looked at George. "You're so beautiful, Baby." George smiled through his tears and put his head against Dream's chest.

Dream moved George to the other side of the netherite blocks and stood back. He picked up the journal that lay on the bed next to where they sat. He flipped through the pages and smiled at what George wrote. It was a picture of George's cloud glasses and note below. It simply read "I love you -George" and was signed with a heart. Dream wiped the single tear that fell down his face and looked back up at George. Sam was standing on the platform, only a few feet away from the cell. Soon enough he stepped off the platform and onto the obsidian floor.

Sam moved his arm around George and supported him onto the platform. Dream moved to the front of his cell.

"Do me a favor and delete the security footage from the past hour?" Dream said looking at Sam.

"I'm sorry Dream but I cannot do that, if anything happens to you or George in the next 72 hours, I would need to see if anything happened here that would have affected the incident."

"Believe me, you won't want to see what happened today." Dream gave Sam a demanding look and George snickered.

"Ok.." Sam said with hesitation. He turned around and stepped onto the platform with George.

"Oh! And George!" Dream said and the two turned to look at him. "I love you too." Dream said, smiling. George smiled but Sam just rolled his eyes. The platform began to move, carrying Sam and George to the other side. Dream stood at his cell staring until the lava fell and the netherite blocks dropped. He turned around and looked around his cell. He spotted George's hoodie underneath the bed and walked over to it. He picked it up and sat on the bed, hugging the hoodie.

He felt something in the pocket and reached in to see what it was. He pulled out a picture of the two of them. They were sitting under a tree on a sunny day, both had the widest smiles on their face. Dream smiled at the picture and tears formed in his eyes. He took the picture and placed it in the item frame, taking out the clock and putting it in his chest.

He walked back over to his bed and sat on the edge, looking at his hands and tapping his foot on the ground. He sniffled and wiped his eyes. He picked up the journal and the pen again and continued working on the drawing from before. Tears began to run down his face faster until finally he threw the journal on the ground and cried himself to sleep.