Ⓣⓦⓔⓝⓣⓨ

It's been 2 weeks after the "wedding."
Jackie has been doing better, it was rough the first couple of days. She was lied to and stabbed in the back by two people she trusted with all her heart, of course this whole situation wasn't going to be easy on her.

Today is our weekly family dinner at my parents house. Jackie hasn't attended the last
2, instead she wanted some alone time.
All of us have been calling her and visiting her so that she doesn't feel alone.
Before we left to my parent's, I gave her a quick phone call to encourage her to come to this weeks dinner.

Heyyyyy big head!

Well hello to you too annoying little sister that I love with all my heart.

Guess what? Mom is making Mac and cheese! With bacon! Dad is making bbq ribs. Girl I'm so ready for this dinner. Please tell me you're coming.

I don't know, I kinda just wanna stay home and binge watch some of my favorite rom-coms. Could you bring me left overs?

Girl, do I look like I work for Uber eats! Come on Jackie! Please join us...we miss you.
It'll be great for you to be with us. It'll help you feel better and not just stay alone at home.

Well...umm...I'll think about it. I got to go, my coffee delivery is here.

Hey Jackie?

Yeah?

I'm here for you, you know that right?

Yes, I don't doubt that. Love you sis.

Love you too big head.

We hung up. I sighed and laid my phone on the bed.
Cameron came in and sat beside me.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"I tried encouraging Jackie to come to dinner but she prefers staying at home watching movies. Which I don't blame her, it's nice to stay home and do that but in her case, it'll be helpful to join the family and not be alone. I'm just worried for her mental health and I don't want her dealing with it all alone." I sighed and laid my head on Cameron's shoulder

"Babe, you're doing everything you can. You and the rest of the family. I hope she realizes she's not alone and all of us have been checking up on her, visiting her and calling her everyday. So don't feel like you're not doing enough because you are. All of us are. I think when she's ready, she'll show up. She didn't say no right?"

"No, she said she'll think about it."

"Ok see, that's new. Remember last week she actually said no. She preferred to binge watch Jane the Virgin. It's progress babe."

"You're right. I hope she joins us. And if she doesn't, let take her food and watch a movie with her." I smiled.

"Yes! Now, get dressed, I want some Mac and cheese." He got up and went into our closet.

I got up and also headed to the closet. I chose an outfit and started getting ready.
About an hour later, we headed to my parent's house.
As we walked in, the aroma of bacon and Mac and cheese filled up the whole house. My mouth was watering.

"Sheesh! Mom, it smells so good in here!" I gave her a hug and snuck in a piece a bacon into my mouth.

"You sneaky woman." Mom said as she saw me chewing on bacon.