𝙷.𝙸𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎//𝙸𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚌

—————————————
It was foolish that it became enthralling.
—————————————

A solemn sigh escaped the woman's lips in a series of sequence, all the while she treads along the grassy path

A solemn sigh escaped the woman's lips in a series of sequence, all the while she treads along the grassy path. Must she be so disappointed at the success of her mission, despite the mistake she had carved in her successfully failed strategy?

Nonetheless, she had accumulated an end to her duty, but without a doubt, a clump of distress disrupting her sense.

"What a shame..." The lady whispered in stigma. "I could have done better," puffing her cheeks and tightening her fists.

And then a grunt of irritation she disclosed.

"AAARHGGHH ANNOYING!"

It was an abrupt action induced by the avalanche of dissatisfaction established in the body of the young demon slayer. Such action made her angrily stomping onto the ground with the swiftest kick of the pebble.

Followed by another failure, grazing her foot and, unfortunately, stumbling over like a silly-mad woman swinging her arms on the side for balance with widened eyes and flushed face. She staggered completely. And it only augmented her annoyance.

What is more troublesome than a duty assigned to one with utmost trust and sincerity only to finish a half-successful end? For (Y/n), it was the worst. And to think that she was confident enough to save all lives at stake only added guilt in her sense.

And then yet another sigh was freed from her tinted lips, walking in silence, skidding the way to her quiet home.

At least she thought it would be, upon stepping foot what lies behind the shogi door, all she could think of was rest. A peaceful, sound less rest. However, why would anyone with a right mind leave their house open without a lock? At least to keep ludicrous boars away.

Oh, she was most definitely not.

Her ears perked up as her whole body did, an immediate response to the seeming noise coming from within her house. She gulped down her screams and tears as she pulled off a stance as though a monster trespassed her home.

"I swear to god I'll really kill myself someday—" (Y/n) broods inside her head with overflowing, child-like tears fleeing from her eyes. She stepped slowly and cautiously, scared of whatever it is that sojourned her home, with a face flush in bright red and a nose sniffing as she walks.

Oh, can her day get any luckier?

It was a question she couldn't answer the moment her foot met the ground of another step, frozen on the spot with a body recoiled all over. She gulped.

A loud booming noise echoed all over the wooden walls. It sounded shrieking and glass breaking. Whatever it is, it definitely skipped a scared beat of the lady's heart.