𝚂.𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚖𝚒 // 𝙰 𝙶𝚒𝚏𝚝

the lady up there is my oc, Keina. Wherein a hashira has fallen madly into our feral wind hashira.

Enjoy!

────────────

────────────

⁠—

There was the most time that this lady, (Y/n), would have her red-tinted lips shut and only have much remnants of a smile on her face. Although those times were considered so rare, for the girl had often express most of her thoughts. And as she gazes upon the white-haired man, she couldn't help but feel all the rushing emotion of delight swarming in her body.

There was no refraining from her brimful of happiness. Her thoughts were daubed with his silhouette, his majestic form of art ⁠— for which she had described. (Y/n) had always watched him from either afar or near. With her hands wishfully grasping onto him, and herself clinging upon his scarred stature. Each time, and each of those moments, all felt so distant.

Why? How can this man spurn off someone like her? Sanemi is undoubtedly scorning the woman to his heart content.

"When will you stop following me?" She heard his profane, irritated voice questioning her presence. Yet all she could do was giggle viciously at his remark. They were both walking, treading the grassy field of this mossy and green-filled forest.

Unlike his voice that's seemingly crude and deep, hers was the complete opposite. A tone as much of a chime of bells, so smooth yet sultry ⁠— was her voice as it seems. So forth their free time, she followed him facilely. Walking with the man ahead of her ⁠— again ⁠— she smiled gracefully. There was no hint of complexity among her features, but enlightenment alone.

It was all clear to her; her feelings and his. (Y/n) had found herself tangled in sentiments brought by the wind pillar, unexpectedly.

But then again, Sanemi has always been scorning her away. Much to her dismay.

Nevertheless, she couldn't dwell on that factor alone. But she knew well her responsibilities, and obligations as a pillar herself. There are a constant set of lives on the line with every minute they are spending. And perhaps, that is the reason as to why he's pushing her away each time. It hurts her, but there is nothing she could do.

Despite that, this day was an exemption. At least for once in their short, limited life they could wake up and live in peace. She smiled at the thought, placing her hands behind her back as they both stopped.

It was a chilly, calming breeze kissing their skin. Much tranquility lingered in the air, only his disgruntled form was contradicting their nature. But he kept quiet, for the first time in years; he wasn't raging out his annoyance. Standing precedently at the pink, blossom-filled tree, the two hashiras held the hilt of their blades. Propping up their view, Keina diverted hers towards his.

He looked rather charming, so handsome, than looking like a gremlin. In all honesty, (Y/n) did not expect herself to fall for the man, he was crude and mean. An epitome of vulgar and foul words would consistently leave his lips. But Keina knew better, that deep inside his mask of coarse hides a man in fear of losing ⁠— either a battle or a loved one, but most especially the latter. How long has it been?

Two years.

Two years since they first met, and the first of their meet up was unforgettable. An occurrence wherein (Y/n) accidentally bumped into him in midst of a hurry, using him as a cover-up lover to escape from her silly fiasco. The woman chuckled softly at the memory, catching the attention of the scarred man.

"The hell you laughing for." He asked the lady, surprisingly to which he rarely engage in her meaningless schemes.

(Y/n) shrugged, putting a hand over her lips as she glanced at the remarks of the man.

Prying his slender shaped eyes that glared at her deeply, in overwhelming emotion that drove him constant mad. But all negative aspects of the feral man was nonsense in her eyes. And she'd always be fond of each of his miens. Despite his continuous rejection, and the massive impulse to push her away.

She had always thought that opposites do attract. A resemblance of a magnet, pulling the other towards themselves. Comparable to his defiance and her vehemence.

But with all the thoughts and needless memories, the dark-haired had completely forgotten what gift she should hand to the man. (Y/n) pursed her lips together, munching the insides of her cheeks as she thought. His birthday was indeed today, and she had brought nothing! She mentally facepalmed, annoyed at her forgetful self. The thought of them hanging out probably washed all her proper sense away. Oh, silly, usual (Y/n).

But then again, what is there to reward the man? If he pushed herself away, what more if it's a gift alone? She drowned at the sad thought, pulling a sad smile to curve her lips. It was true, the fact itself was hurting her yet all she could do keep it in her deep threshold.

There was also something benign by all her accords ⁠— it's him. Sanemi may be the cause of her melancholy and deep sadness. But he also mended them all, with just a look of his calmed face. Keina knew how much she had fallen, and it was indeed a hard fall for he hadn't caught her yet.

Or maybe, he would never do.

And again, she pushed the thought away, she listened to her friend's words ⁠— Kyojuro, who always told her how she needed to stay enthusiastic and ignore the sorrowful thoughts.

She closed her pink-tinted eyes, breathing the brisk and calming breeze. It was indeed a lovely sight, admiring weather, and such majestic cherry-blossom tree sojourning in the middle of these vast fields. And most importantly, the man she yearned for was right beside her own.

They both stayed silent, not a word that slips through their sealed lips. Her smiling ones and his in fine line, both not uttering a vocal.

And she thought, how lucky she genuinely is. Even just for today, a peaceful day without any blood to shed.

Then she turned sideways, facing, and then she spoke. "Happy birthday, Sanemi." She smiled warmly, with her galaxy-hued locks waving along with the gusts of winds and flying petals. She looked ⁠— promising.

His face softened at the very least, it was his most gentle facade he could give as he listened to her words and lovely tone. Sanemi too, turned his body around to face her. He reached out his arm, moving towards her visage, atop of her head.

"Thanks." Was all he said, the cold tone lowering down into a fine dulcet. Then he took the petal that has befallen over her head, taking a clearer look of her enticing features among the dwindling blossoms. For once again; he admired her beauty.

And maybe, just maybe ⁠— she's the best gift this year had given him.

END

Oyaa, I apologize but I used keina's reference and story, but I hope you enjoyed it still

Happy Birthday to our Sanemi!

-Mrs.Shinazugawa