36

Junior sat in his in his driveway, it was almost ten in the morning and he had suddenly gotten an urge to get back home. Alana had called him in a hysteric state, demanding to know where he was and why he hadn't called her to say that he would be spending the night out, more than upsetting him for worrying his sister, Junior had entered an irritated mood that could rapidly escalate into an anger fit.

He had left Lena's house about twenty minutes ago, Nicola had stayed over to check that she got to Meghan's place before anything else. Junior had wanted to stay, help Lena and make sure, himself, that she was safe, but above all because he wanted to avoid Nicola from spending time alone with HIS girl.

He knew Lena still loved him, it wasn't a secret and if she was trying to keep it a secret, she had failed miserably when he had pulled her into the kiss the night before, her whole body lit up to his touch, it was just the way it had always been.

Electricity had always sparked between them when they touched, and last night had not been the exception, no matter how much she wanted to ignore it.

Junior pushed the door of his car open and stepped out of it, he walked towards his porch, he felt an urge to call Linda and maybe hook up that after noon but he decided against it as he made his way up the stairs, he heard the TV in his parents room on and was surprised to see that they were both home.

"Tommy" smiled his mother as Junior reached their door and poked his head in, his father looked at him from the bed and gave him another smile.

"Hey" said Junior, not really finding the energy in him to pretend to smile.

"Where have you been?" asked his father "Did you get up early?"

Was this man serious? He hadn't even noticed that Junior had spent the night out of the house? He could have been lying in a ditch for all the matter, Junior looked at his father and Mr. Stale saw his son's eyes grow dark and scary.

"I didn't spend the night here" Junior answered.

"You didn't?" asked his mother, she frowned "Where did you go? And why didn't you call?"

"You hadn't even noticed until now" snapped Junior "And I told Ana I was going out with a friend, for all that matters"

"But Alana is not your mother" barked his father "You should have told one of us"

"For what?" asked Junior, he was sure his father had been at the hospital fooling around with a nurse or even a patient, like he hadn't done it before and that his mother had been probably out doing who knows what.

"Because we are your parents" barked his father, he sat down over the bed, his tone getting harsher with each word, Junior wasn't intimidated by his father.

"Ana has more right to call herself my parent than any of you" said Junior, he turned from the door as he heard his mother gasp with indignation and his father get up from the bed.

"Get back here young man!" screamed Thomas Stale as he watched his son heading towards his own room, Junior stopped at his door and turned to look at his father, the look in Junior's eyes froze Thomas in his spot and sent goose bumps down his spine.

"He is really that sick" Thomas had thought as his son stepped inside his own room and closed the door behind himself.

Junior pulled his shirt off, forgetting about his mother and his father as fast as he had realized they were actually in the house and kicked his shoes off, he headed towards his bed and lay down, he looked at the ceiling and he allowed his mind to drift to an old memory of him and Lena one day after school.

Alana had promised Junior that she wouldn't be at home early that day, she would be out with her friends and she would call to check if she could come home before she actually did. Junior had been grateful that his sister too had checked that their parents would be booked for the day at the hospital and wouldn't be home until late that night.