11

Lena refused to leave the house during the weekend, she had ignored Junior's phone calls all Saturday and she had called in sick for the meeting with Mr. Morely, a lie Meghan had supported when Mr. Morely had asked her about Lena. But the blond hadn't been able to hide from Junior when he showed up at her house and her mother allowed him in.

Junior walked up the stairs and knocked on Lena's door as the young woman was pushing the envelope with the photos back under her bed; Lena stood up and walked towards the door and pulled it open to surprise herself with Junior standing outside.

"What are you doing here?" Lena asked before he could say anything.

"I came to talk to you"

"Why?" she asked, blocking the entrance of the room.

"Because of what happened at the party" he explained.

"Nothing happened" said Lena "It was a mistake and you know it"

"Really?" said Junior, he crossed his arms over his chest "You are gonna play that card?"

"Yes" said Lena "It wasn't supposed to happen and you know it"

"Can I come in?" he asked.

Lena looked at him and doubted for a few seconds before allowing Junior in the room, the young woman walked towards her bed and sat down, she looked at Junior as he sat down over the chair next to the desk and he turned to look at her.

"We can't pretend this isn't happening anymore" he finally spoke "We still like each other, why not give it another chance?"

"I'm not sure I want another chance with you" Lena answered in all honesty "I like you, I just don't know if I want to date you again"

"Why not?" he asked.

"Really?" asked Lena, she crossed her arms over her chest, imitating Junior "You are gonna play that card?"

Junior looked at her with annoyance and Lena saw a shadow over his eyes that she hadn't seen in a while, a dark shadow that she had seen a few times specially when he was about to beat the crap out of someone.

"What could go wrong?" he asked.

"You could be the ass you were when you went off to college" answered Lena "I'm not sure I want the drama that usually comes with you"

"Drama?" he snapped.

Of course Lena couldn't really talk about drama considering the fact that some weirdo was sending her pictures and texts and that Jonathan was now stalking the Frozen Paradise.

"Yes" Lena defended her position "You know, whatever the hell happened in college that you can't tell me yet, your now very strange moods and above all freaking Linda"

"Linda has never been a problem" hissed Junior.

"Oh, no, no, no" snapped Lena as she pointed at Junior "Don't you dare defend her now Thomas, that bitch has been a problem since day one, stalking you and harassing me at every opportunity she gets and you sitting there and watching her"

"I don't defend her" barked Junior as he pointed back at Lena.

"Well you surely don't defend me" she barked back "You know this isn't gonna work until you get over yourself and stop her bullshit"

"I've tried!" he said loudly.

"NOT ENOUGH!" cried Lena.

"Hey!" he barked as he stood up and pointed at her.

Lena leaned back and looked at Junior with defiance, for the first time in her life she felt scared of Junior and if there was one thing her mother had told her was never date a guy that scares you; she had to live up to that, didn't she? Her heart was pounding so hard she was sure Junior could hear it.