6

The rest of the weekend went on uneventful, Junior had decided, even though his whole body was telling him to, to not call Lena to find out what why she had called him; he would wait until Monday to talk to her. On the other hand Meghan had found herself growing confused and a little angry towards Stuart; it was clear that something was wrong with Junior but no one wanted to talk about it.

Meghan sat in the passenger seat next to Stuart in his Camaro, the young woman had been looking out the window since she had gotten in the car, and Stuart wasn't sure what to do to break the tension that had started to grow inside the car.

"What's wrong babe?" asked Stuart after a few minutes, they were almost half way near the Frozen Paradise.

Meghan sat in silence, thinking what to answer to Stuart without letting him know that she had overheard him and Linda talking; slowly she turned to look at Stuart, she had a blank expression on her face, Stuart looked at her and felt his body get tense.

"Alana told me something that has kept my mind running since the party" Meghan finally spoke; Stuart turned to look at the road and then back to Meghan.

"What did she say?"

"I think you know what she said" said Meghan, she crossed her arms over her chest and her eyes got icier.

"I'm not a mind reader Meghan" said Stuart "Tell me what's up"

"Why is Junior back in town?" asked Meghan.

"I told you" said Stuart "He wants time to think"

"Not true" said Meghan, he voice was not getting higher but her tone was getting harsher with each passing minute.

Stuart entered the parking lot of the Frozen Paradise and pulled over near the building, he turned to look at Meghan and narrowed his eyes.

"You are saying I'm lying to you?" he asked.

"Yes" said Meghan "You are, we both know you are Stuart"

Stuart looked incredibly offended but inside he was starting to sweat, he knew that Meghan was bound to find out what Junior was really here for, but he hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"What did Alana say? How do you know she wasn't the one lying?" barked Stuart.

"She said Junior is here to heal" said Meghan, "You know what she meant, and if this in anyway puts Lena in danger you better tell me right now"

Stuart opened his mouth to talk when someone tapped the window of the passenger, scaring Meghan out of her own skin; she turned around to find Lena waving and smiling at the fighting couple in the car.

"We'll talk later" barked Meghan, she was about to open the door when she added "I'll walk home after work"

"Megs" said Stuart; actually in pain that his girlfriend wasn't even giving him the chance to explain what had happened.

Meghan pushed the door opened and stepped out, she smiled at Lena, who smiled back and peaked in and smiled at Stuart.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey Lena" smiled Stuart "You girls have a good day"

"Bye" smiled Lena at Stuart, with a weak smile the young man started the car and rapidly drove of, Meghan had already started walking towards Frozen Paradise.

"Wait up" called Lena, she jogged towards her best friend and frowned when she saw the harsh look Meghan had on her face "What's wrong?" asked Lena.

"Nothing" whispered Meghan "Stuart just pissed me off today"

"Ok" whispered Lena, she had known Meghan for too long to dare and ask what had been the problem with Stuart, she knew Meghan would tell her when she felt better and Lena hated being pushy.