46

Ryan stepped towards Nicola slowly and with the gun firm in his hand, he turned his eyes to Lena and frowned, he raised the gun and pointed at her; once more Lena raised her hands up to her chest, but her eyes showed a mix of anger and fear.

“Step away” said Ryan once more, Lena slowly took a few steps back, she was now standing next to Junior, Junior who had his eyes locked over Ryan. “If any of you two move, I’ll shoot him again” he made a pause “And it will kill him this time”

Lena and Junior nodded gently, Ryan looked away and concentrated himself on Nicola, he was sure the gun in his hand would keep Lena and Junior at bay. Junior gently nudged Lena, she slowly turned and looked up at Junior.

“Follow my lead” he whispered so gently that Lena was almost sure she had imagined his words, if it hadn’t been because his lips moved slowly and then he looked away back to Ryan and Nicola.

Lena’s eyes lingered over Junior for a few more seconds and then she turned back to Ryan and Nicola, Nicola looked at her as Ryan passed his free arm under his armpits and Lena saw the determination in his eyes.

They would either get out of that hell whole or they would die together there and now.

Ryan pulled Nicola up to his feet, Nicola grunted loudly and curled his injured leg up as Ryan started to head towards the door of the kitchen, Nicola limped next to him, he was panting and a string of blood followed the pair. Lena and Junior had their eyes locked over them, dreading to move too fast, but moving so slowly that Lena’s body was still not screaming in pain.

Her eyes darted to Junior, he had a determined look over his face and his eyes locked over Ryan and Nicola that were moving so gently in front of them. Lena’s head ache was getting more intense with each passing second; the light stars she had seen when she had moved too fast were back in her visual field and that strange sound in her ear was starting to make her dizzy.

___________//____________

Nicola was pushing his body to the limit, he could feel every fiber in him scream and protest and he was sure some permanent damage had been done to his leg, he could just feel it; his leg would never be the same.

But would any of them be the same after all of this?

Nicola could feel the blood rolling down his leg and the dizziness in his head told him that he was about to pass out, or even more. He took a deep breath and raised his eyes, they were almost next to the door and just ahead of them he could make out the figures of the furniture in the dark living room.

Here we go” he looked over his shoulder and locked eyes with Junior, Junior nodded and Nicola liked the determination he saw on the other guy’s face.

Ryan didn’t seem to notice a thing, he was mumbling under his breath and Nicola was starting to fear that maybe, just maybe, Ryan would change his mind in a mad attack and shoot them all dead right there.

Nicola allowed his body to fail him and he almost collapsed in Ryan’s arm, Ryan hissed like an angry animal and turned to look at Nicola, he pushed him up and Nicola straitened his leg with an exaggerated grunt. Ryan stopped and looked at Nicola, he narrowed his eyes, the bleached haired boy was sweating and bleeding and Ryan was just hoping he would die already, he liked Nicola, he thought he was nice, but the guy had turned into a burden.

“Slow down” whispered Nicola “I can’t move this… he made his voice trail.

“If we went any slower, we would be going backwards” snapped Ryan, he grabbed Nicola and pulled him closer to him, they were almost in the living room. “Now move your ass before I drop you here and I let you die a few inches away from the fucking door”