2

THREE MONTHS AGO

Lena hurried inside Frozen Paradise by the back door, she was late, yet again that week, she was sure she was about to get a lecture from the manager but hopefully he was too busy trying to flirt with Meghan to notice that Lena was late.

The blond girl hurried towards the lockers and slammed her back pack inside her own marked locker and as she turned around to head to the ice cream bar, Jonathan intercepted her and he looked pissed.

"Late again, Severide" he said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Jonathan come on, please, I won't be late again" whined Lena.

"You said that yesterday" he hissed at her.

"Jonathan, I told you why I was late that day, I had to go pick up Meghan's back pack" Lena tried to explain "Besides, the shop is empty" she looked down at her watch and then back at Jonathan "I'm five minutes late"

"This has to be the last time" Jonathan finally gave in.

"Yes!" smiled Lena "It will, I promise"

"Get to work"

"Thank you!"

Lena left Jonathan after giving him a wide smile but she heard him mumbling under his breath like he always did after arguing with Lena. The blond pulled her hair into a pony tail as she walked towards the cash register and found Meghan serving an ice cream cone.

"Late again?" Meghan chuckled.

"Jesus, I'm five minutes late and the man flips"

"He never flips when I'm late" said Meghan as she handed the ice cream cone to a young mother that handed it to her youngster and then they both walked to sit outside.

"Because he has a crush on you Megs"

Meghan turned to look at Lena and raised her left eyebrow, but she knew Lena was right, and it wasn't Jonathan the only man holding a crush on Meghan; a few other fans came over to the ice cream shop often just to try and flirt with her.

"I have a boyfriend, remember?" smiled Meghan.

"How could I forget?" laughed Lena "He is one lucky mother fucker"

"Lena!" said Meghan "There are kids here"

"There is no one here" said Lena as she signaled the empty shop, the mother and her son were sitting outside with the warm sun rays.

"Have you talked to Junior?" asked Meghan, she walked towards one of the chairs behind the bar and sat down, Lena followed her lead, she frowned and looked at her best friend.

"Why would I talk to him?"

"You know why"

Lena shrugged and crossed her arms over her chest, she cocked her head to the left and raised her eyebrow.

"Did Junior talk to Stuart?"

"Of course he did, Stuart is his best freaking friend" said Meghan "They talk every day"

"Is he coming to town?" Lena suddenly asked.

Meghan froze and looked at her best friend, her mouth partially opened, it took her a few seconds to recover from the shock and she answered as fast as she could.

"How did you know that?"

"Oh my god I knew it" said Lena, she laughed and looked at Meghan "Megs, for how long have you known?"

"Stuart told me last night"

"Really?"

"Fine, two weeks ago" Meghan sighed "He wants to meet with you"