9

Lena and Meghan sat outside at one of the tables eating their lunch, Mr. Morely had stopped by that morning to tell the girls that he would bring a new manager the next day and that he wanted to fix some shift issues for which he asked Lena and Meghan to come by the shop on Saturday morning.

Lena finished up her pasta and closed her plastic container and looked at Meghan as her friend finished up her salmon.

"I like the dress you are wearing for Stuart's party" smiled Meghan.

"Of course you do" laughed Lena "It's a gift from you"

Meghan laughed and finished up her lunch, she closed the container and looked at Lena "It's been a nice week"

"Not taking into consideration that we found out Jonathan is a creep" pointed out Lena "Like I said he was from the beginning"

Meghan rolled her eyes and leaned over the table.

"It creeps me up a little bit that we haven't seen him around or anything" Meghan finally pointed out.

"It makes me feel better that he is just not around the shop anymore" said Lena "At least we know he won't be spying on us"

"You are right" whispered Meghan "We should go back in the shop, it's getting dark and I think it might rain"

"How can the weather get so horrible?" sighed Lena as they both stood up from the table "It's supposed to be summer"

"I know, right?" grunted Meghan, the girls walked in the shop, Lena handed Meghan her plastic food container and Meghan walked off towards the locker room to put the containers away.

"With these rainy days not a single costumer will show up" Lena whined to Meghan loudly.

"I read somewhere that people consume more ice cream during cold weathers" Meghan commented as she walked back to the front of the shop.

"Really?" questioned Lena "Huh, I would have never thought about that"

"I read it" explained Meghan "I don't know if it's true"

"Well" smiled Lena as she leaned against the bar "Let's hope it is"

Lena sighed and looked out the glass door; the rain had started to fall with a lot of strength and the image of the outside world was distorted and blurry; but Lena was able to make out a figure under the rain that seemed to get bigger with each second.

Someone was approaching the shop under the rain.

"Who is that?" asked Meghan, Lena looked at her friend, both of them squinting to figure out who the person was.

Lena stood up from her chair and walked to the other side of the counter and walked towards the door, she leaned against it but she still couldn't figure out who it was.

"Who is it?" asked Meghan.

"I have no idea" whispered Lena.

With each step that brought the person closer to the shop, Lena's mind started to tell her that maybe it was the creep that had taken the pictures of her the other day; because her mind had started to tell her that Junior couldn't be so sick to do that.

Could he?

"Oh shit" snapped Lena, she turned to look at Meghan, who looked worried "Call Mr. Morely or the police, call both"

"Why?" asked Meghan, a tone of fear in her voice.

"It's Jonathan"

Lena saw Meghan lose all her color and then race to the locker room to get her phone, one of the working rules was that no one could handle personal phones during their shift.