50

After a short argument with the doctor that was handling Ryan's treatment, Detective Monroe pushed the door of Ryan's room open and closed it fast; making all the noise he could to announce his presence.

Outside, a harsh rain had started to fall and what could have been a shiny and beautiful morning had turned into a grey and haunting day, almost as if Mother Nature had wanted to match the sky with the emotions in that small town.

Ryan grunted and opened his eyes, he turned to the door and saw detective Monroe looking down at his watch, the officer that had been watching over Ryan was now standing up and had pulled out a small notebook. Ryan rolled his eyes and lay his head back down over the pillow as Monroe approached the bed.

"Well, Mr. Doley" started Monroe, Ryan didn't look at him as the man created a shadow over Ryan's head "They told me you were now in conditions to talk to me"

Ryan didn't move but Monroe turned his attention to Ryan's shoulder, he had a bandage around it with red blood spots, he had been told by the doctors that the young man had ripped out the stiches from the bullet wound.

Monroe took a deep breath, he had to control his anger, he knew Ryan had done that because none of the officers had handcuffed the young man to the hand rail of the bed; he eyed the officer behind him and wondered if that had been the idiot responsible for such act.

"Would you mind telling me your side of the story?" asked Monroe.

"Is he alive?" asked Ryan, he had his eyes locked over the ceiling of the room, he swallowed and closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Nicola Sardarov?" asked Monroe casually, the coldness in his voice made Ryan turn to look at him with narrowed eyes.

"Yes"

"Yes, he's alive" answered Monroe "His heart stopped from the blood loss in the ambulance, but he's alive"

"Good" whispered Ryan, he scanned Monroe from head to toes "I like him"

Monroe walked around the room, his hands behind his back, he peaked out the window, the rain was falling hard and the thunder was roaring through the skies, claiming all the damage as the water tried to clean the horrors away.

"Would you like to tell me what happened?" asked Monroe as he continued to look out the window "Because things aren't looking good for you"

"Did you talk to Severide?" asked Ryan, Monroe turned to look at Ryan and saw a hint of anger in his eyes just as he saw another thing linger deep inside him.

"Maybe regret?" thought Monroe "No" he answered, he shrugged as he walked back towards the bed "She wasn't conscious when I got here"

"Huh" whispered Ryan, he wasn't sure if he believed Monroe or if he didn't, he closed his eyes, his head had started to hurt again, maybe it was because of the missing tooth.

"I heard she was your friend" Monroe continued, he had to get something out of this guy before he left the room to see if the other two victims were in talking conditions.

"She was" said Ryan, Monroe turned to look at the officer, to check if the man was taking notes of what Ryan was saying.

"When did she stop being your friend?"

"A while back" explained Ryan "She doesn't see how much she hurts him"

"Did she know? That you two were not friends anymore?"

"I don't know" barked Ryan, he opened his eyes and looked at Monroe "She's so dumb, she might have not noticed"

"Huh" whispered Monroe, Lena Severide didn't not come across as dumb to Monroe.