3

Meghan and Lena waited for Stuart sitting on a park in front of the street; Lena was laying on the grass with her classic Ray Ban's on, while Meghan told her the new pickup lines Jonathan had come up with for that day.

"Megs, no joke," started Lena "But Jonathan sometimes gives me the creeps"

"Why?" asked Meghan, she frowned and looked down at her friend, Lena tilted her head and looked back at Meghan "He is just a little bit eccentric"

"We have worked at Frozen Paradise for about six months and the guy still doesn't get that you have a boyfriend, he seems obsessive"

"Ok, Miss Psychology, relax" laughed Meghan "The guy is harmless"

A silence fell over the friends as the soft summer breeze hit their faces, Meghan closed her eyes and took a deep breath, a few more months of working and Lena and her would be able to get the apartment they wanted in Indiana.

"Remember the friend I told you that was moving into town like next week?" asked Lena, she grunted and pushed herself up on her elbows.

Meghan turned to look at her friend and narrowed her eyes, after a few seconds of silence she nodded "The one with the girl name?"

"It's a guy name from where his father is" laughed Lena.

"Austria?"

"No, but anyway, I think he gets here like on Friday"

"Are you excited?" asked Meghan, she examined her friend's face but she couldn't really tell what Lena was thinking; and that was odd, because they had almost an unspoken connection.

"I haven't spoken to him in years" Lena answered "But yes, I'd like to see him again"

"How old is he?"

"He should be 25 by now" Lena said as she looked at her friend, she pushed her sun glasses over her head and sighed "I'll introduce you to him, I can assure you he is not creepy like Jonathan"

Meghan laughed loudly and rolled her eyes, but she had to admit that Jonathan sometimes did give her the creeps, she just tried to ignore it.

"What's his name again?"

"Nicola"

A car honked a few times and rapidly a black Camaro appeared behind a curve, with the driver's window rolled down and, like usually, Stuart's arm waving at the girls sitting in the park. Meghan let out an over excited squeak and stood up and waved at her boyfriend.

"Why do you always squeak like that when he comes to pick you up?" asked Lena as she stood up and walked behind Meghan.

"I don't know" laughed Meghan "It just happens"

Lena smiled and walked towards the Camaro as Stuart parked the car next to the park and pushed the door opened, Meghan trotted towards him and gave him a small kiss before hugging him. Stuart held her tight and then kissed her on the forehead as Lena approached the couple.

"Well, aren't you two the sweetest couple in town?" she joked.

"We are" smiled Stuart, he placed his left arm around Meghan's waist. "A ride home?"

"No, thank you" smiled Lena "I have my bike parked behind Paradise"

"You can put the bike in the trunk, Lena" said Stuart "You'll get there faster"

"Nope" smiled Lena "That's ok"

"Leave it" said Meghan "She won't take the ride"

"Well" Stuart said "See you later Lena"