4

Meghan sat in her window seat with an Anne Rice book opened over her lap, she sighed and closed the book and gently placed it over the floor, the young woman pulled her legs up to her chest and leaned her forehead over her knees. The conversation between Linda and Stuart still played in her mind since the day before, she had no idea what to tell Lena, she didn't even know what to think about what she had heard.

If you tell Lena about Junior's problem...

"What is wrong with Junior?" whispered Meghan, for some strange reason she couldn't find any inner peace after hearing that; she knew something was up, something serious.

Meghan looked up and out the window, she had known Junior before she had meet Stuart and before Lena and Junior had started dating, and in all that time she had never seen Junior do something wrong or questionable.

Junior was the kind of son every parent wanted to have, and now he had decided to postpone a semester and come back to town and all he had said to Meghan when she had asked was that he needed time to think.

"Think what Junior?" whispered Meghan "What did you do?"

Meghan looked down at her watch and sighed heavily, in a couple of hours Stuart would pick her up and they would head to Junior's house for his welcome party and Meghan couldn't help but feel like a backstabber knowing that Lena would be staying at home.

The young woman stood up and walked towards her closet, she pulled out the summer dress she was going to wear that night and threw it over the bed, she crossed the room in a few long strides and reached her bathroom, she pulled the door opened and a thought popped in her mind.

Junior had been in trouble once, if someone had seen him, but only Meghan had and she had dismissed the incident as an accident.

But her whole body had told her that what Junior had been doing was wrong; maybe this time he had got caught.

___________//____________

Junior had arrived home that day during dawn and he felt like he would fall asleep at any moment, the young man stepped out of the shower and looked at himself in the mirror, he could see the tiredness taking over his whole body, but he had been having trouble sleeping for a few days and he was now starting to lose hope that things would get any better in the next few days.

He took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom and into his room where he had placed his cloths over the bed; he had decided to try and make things right before everyone showed up to his house for the welcome party Stuart had insisted in throwing.

Junior took a deep breath and dressed up rapidly, he couldn't wait to get out of the house and rediscover his home town, it had been just a few months since he had left but he felt like he had been gone for ages, but then again he was sure that had to do with...

"Don't think about that" he barked at himself loudly, he frowned and turned to the door, he pulled it opened and stepped out of his room and into his empty house; his mother had left to buy food for the party and his father was probably at the hospital with a patient or a nurse; who knew.

___________//____________

Lena grunted and stood up from the sofa, she walked towards the door as yet another ring echoed through the house. She rolled her eyes as she reached the door and pulled it open, she choked on her own saliva as she saw Junior standing in her porch.

"What the fuck?" was the only thing she was able to utter.

"Hey" he smiled.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" she asked.