Chapter 5

Abhi- We need to talk Kunj.
Kunj just looked at them not knowing what to say? He just waited for them to start talking and tell him new rules.
Manik- What happened Kunj??
Kunj- Nothing bhai..
Abhi- Ok so lets go to study...
He stopped in between when he found Kunj expressions changing to scared ones from confusion as soon as he said study. Manik also saw the changes as they were continously looking at him.
Abhi- Are you ok Kunj?
He asked in concern. On finding a change in voice Kunj looked up in confusion and for confirmation that the voice used was for him only or was he dreaming. This concerned and loving voice of Abhi was only reserved for Manik. He couldn't figure out what was happening.
Kunj (thinking)- Maybe because of last night incident they are caring and loving. When I will get fully fine they will get to their normal voice of anger used for me. But then..
His thoughts were broken by Manik calling out to him.
Manik- Kunj...
Kunj- I am sorry bhai. What were you saying?
Abhi- What were you thinking?
Kunj- Nothing bhai.. Sorry.
He again looked down.
Knowing that they have to clear many things today so that they can start mending their mistakes Abhi started speaking.
Abhi- Ok then let us continue here itself.
Saying this he and Manik settled down on the sofa. Kunj came and kneeled down in front of them. Both of them were shocked but not surprised. They always make Kunj kneel down whenever he was in trouble and they were suppose to talk before handling down the punishment.Not only Kunj but that was one thing that even Manik did in front of his brother and father when he was in trouble or even Abhi use to do in front of their father when in trouble. It was a kind of rule they have followed since the time they can remember. But they were shocked as why he was kneeling down now as right off now they were just talking.
Abhi- Kunj get up and sit on sofa.. We are just talking you are not in any trouble.
Kunj slowly got up and sat on the side sofa. All this was new for him and he was confused as well  as nervous.
Abhi- Kunj before anything else tell us about your daily routine. Each and every thing. Don't leave out anything. From waking up to going to sleep tell us everything.
Kunj nodded and slowly started telling his routine- I wake up at around 5 and after freshing up I clean my room. After that I dress up for school. Then go down and eat breakfast with you both. After that I go to school. Come back at around 4. Straight away after changing out of uniform I sit down to study. At around 6 I go out to play with my friends. I come back at 7 and then freshen up and sit down to study. Then at dinner time I have dinner and again sit down to study. Then go to bed at around 12.
He finished his routine looking down on the floor.
Abhi and Manik looked at each other. They don't know from where to start or how to start as it was a simple routine... For 10 year old boy Kunj just went out to play only for 1 hour. There was no tv or video game involved in all this. Thinking of getting straight to point Abhi asked few qiestions. Maybe those will take them somewhere in knowing more about the little boy sitting beside them lost.

Abhi- Kunj last night uou said you don't ask any of the servants to do any of your work.
(Kunj nodded in acknowledgement.) So you do all your work yourself. (He again just nodded.) So what all you do by yourself? Tell me all the work you do?
Kunj- Bhai in the morning I clean my room.
Manik cut in between.
Manik- Clean as in mopping, dusting or just setting your things.
Kunj- Everything bhai. First I do dusting them brooming and mopping. Also arranging things.
Abhi- Ok then.. continue..
Kunj- After all my meals I wash my used dishes. After coming from school I wash my uniform and iron my other uniform. On weekends I wash all my other clothes.
Abhi and Manik both had tears in their eyes.  For god shake ten year old should have fun and enjoy life not do all this work but they forced him to do all this.
Before either could say anything Kunj continued after getting no response from his brothers.
Kunj- Bhai I am a good learner.. I learnt everything quickly. I promise I will learn cooking also in these vacations. I promise then I will cook my food also myself and will not eat bread for lunch or dinner.
Both Abhi and Manik felt a stab on their heart. For the first time in two years they were feeling angry at themselves and felt sorry towards what they did to the little boy.
They were in no condition to listen to the other answers they wanted so decided to stop right there. They somewhere knew at night Aryan bhai will be telling them things which they don't wish to listen but want to know. Due to the last night conversation they have douths that Kunj had sufffered with his parents to and they have just made it more worse for him.
Abhi- No.. Kunj you will not do any of it.
His voice came out very loudly stratling Kunj. Noticing that he continued slowly.
I mean you will stop doing all the work you have been doing till now and you will also not learn cooking as you are too young for that.
Kunj- But bhai then how will I...
He stopped not knowing what he shall say or ask.
Manik- Kunj servants will do all your work like they do for us.
Kunj just looked at them trying to figure out if they were joking or was it all dream.
Kunj without realising spoke out loudly- I thinking I am still in daze due to medicines and imagining things orherwise bhai will never allow servants to do my work.
Manik- Why will bhai never allow servants to do your work.
Kunj realised what has happened. - Sorry bhai I didn't meant.. I mean.. I am sorry its just that...
Kunj was on the verge of crying and didn't know what to say. Abhi and Manik tried to calm him down but their soft voices was not working and Kunj was blabbering in order to explain himself.
Abhi sternly and loudly- Enough now.
This got the desired result as Kunj got silent and said slowly said sorry and looked down.
Abhi- Kunj listen from now onwards you will not do any work. Is that clear.
Kunj- Yes bhai.
Abhi- Good. Now wash up and then meet us down to have brunch.
Kunj- Yes bhai.
Saying that he quickly ran to washroom to clean up leaving the two elder brothers lost in their thoughts.
Abhi and Manik slowly got up and came out of room.
Manik- Bhai why did you asked him to do his work himself?
Abhi- I don't know chotte. I don't remember.
Nor do I have heart to know it.
Manik- But bhai
Abhi- Manu not now please. I know you have questions but I don't have answers. Give me sometime to solve all the questions.
But I know onething that things will change for betterment now.

Hey guys... Please vote and comment...