Chapter 13: Words To Protect

[Fair Warning: Mentions of inappropriate language. ] 

Keichi?! You uploaded? In less than a month?! 

Let's just say ever since my two month break, I feel motivated to make another chapter. [Also because I've been excited to make this certain chapter for almost 5 months now-

This story was requested by helloworld8237, blame them for this hilarious idea-👏

_____________________________

It was a dull afternoon in the daycare. Half of the children were either absent or fetched early from the older hermits. Meanwhile, the remaining kids were just dying of boredom, waiting for something exciting to happen!.. But nothing happened. 

Impulse, being the positive kid he is, tried offering different games to play with his friends, but none of them interested them quite a bit. 

"Impy, I don't want the seesaw again," Young Tango whined. 

"Awww." Impulse awed, sighing in defeat. 

The two young hermits walked back to the pirate ship, dropping flat on the floor with their other two friends, also dying of boredom.

False fiddled with her wooden sword, swooshing it in the air till all energy she could muster was drained. Scar laid next to the young female, nearly dozing off each time he cuddles closer to Jellie. It seemed that the two shared the exact reason for why they were bored too. 

"I miss Ren. He always makes everything fun." 

"Hmmm!" Scar agreed. 

Tango scooted closer to the two and asked, "Why? Where is Ren?" 

"He's sick," Scar mumbled. 

"Oh…" 

"How about Iskall? He's fun!" Impulse exclaimed. 

The three gave the young hermit a questionable glare. "What? He's fun!?" 

"Iskall is bored." She pointed at a poor kid lying flat on the floor like a pancake. 

"Ohhh… How about Etho?" 

"Etho and Xb already went home."

"How about you, Falsey? You always have fun games!" 

"Me and 'Ren' make games together. Ren is not here.."

".....Okay..

The four kids continued to stare at the ceiling. No one said anything or did anything, in fact, there was nothing to do really. All they could do is enjoy each other's presence and suffer together.. 

"What are guys doing?" A small, blue, slime emerged from the corner of their eyes. Jevin stood in front of the four kids, with Doom the chicken next to him. 

"Bored~"

"That's not doing something? That's doing nothing." Jevin stated. 

"Boooredd~" 

The confused slime sat next to kids laying on the floor, staring at them with curious eyes. "I….. Guys, can I say something?" 

"Okay."

Jevin's eyes brightened as he scooted closer to the four young hermits. "Okay…This morning I saw something scary-" 

"Oooh! Something scary?" Tango jumped up from the floor in excitement, bringing his proper attention to the young slime.