Chapter 5: Hermit Hunt (Part 3)

First to find the cartoon reference and recognize the cartoon, gets to choose which child hermit will have their first own story in the next two chapters.

I've literally fangirled about this cartoon before. XD

___________________________________

--Grian’s POV--

“Pssst Grian… Wake up,” a feminine voice whispered. 

A hand started constantly shaking my shoulder. “Ghhhhhhmm.. Whaat?..” I groaned as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I immediately noticed the extra weight I felt on my lap. Ren’s still sleeping on my lap, but for some reason Bdubs’s little sleepy head was rested near my chest.”Huhh?”

“Hypno sent an urgent message about Decked out, so I won't be far. Stay here, keep an eye on the children, and wait till the other hermits arrive. Okay G?”

*Mhmmm yeAH-- sure…”  I let out a quiet yawn, nearly dozing back to sleep..

“Auntie Cleo, Mumbo's making another meanie thingy majik again!” Tango whined, tugging Cleo’s pale arm. “Tango, let Mumbo be. I promise it won't hurt Falsey again,” Cleo chuckled softly. 

The moment I heard the ‘M’ word, my eyes widened and I nearly dropped the two children in my lap as I jumped from the ground . “Wait Mumbo's here?” A black haired kid caught my curious eye, I carefully rested the two sleeping kids next to the tree and swiftly tackled the poor kid into a sudden hug. 

“Ack- Uncle Grian-

“Aww muMBOOooo!” My voice squeaked like an angry desert rain frog. The young redstoner was rather baffled with his situation , the other young hermits observed the scene that's playing in front of them, hiding their laughter and muttering their awes. 

“Grian! Pay attention!” The zombie snapped. 

“Ghaah- sorry Cleo ma'am!.. Cleo.!..” I  stood straight and tall, but held a steady grip on the young redstoner’s shoulders. Mumbo's little face was flushed of embarrassment, awkwardly patting my hand before escaping my grasp. 

Cleo’s  face softened, sighing at the absolute manchild standing before her. 

__________________________________

--Beef’s POV--

Since Etho could no longer use his elytra, and the idea of flying while supporting the young hermit kind of made me anxious for the child, we agreed to take a safer way of traveling and rode a boat all the way to the shopping district.  Keralis paddled across the large body of water, he hummed the song ‘What is love?’ for probably the millionth time now that it's nearly driving mE CRAzy!! I chilled at the back of the small boat , holding the little ninja before he tried any desperate attempts of escaping me. But soon young Etho gave up with a heavy sigh and behaved. 

Jevin's base slowly loaded in, and Keralis carefully parked the boat to the nearest pillar. I watched curiously as Keralis carefully exited the boat and prepared his rockets and elytra. "Keralis, what are you doing?"

"Just need to check something out," Keralis said with a wink, then flew at the top of the base. 

If my intuition is correct, he's probably looking for a baby Jevin or something. That's fine. It's risky to have these kids roaming around the server alone anyway. 

 "Wait ETHO!!" I cried out loud. The young hermit jumped for joy, rocking the boat intensely that you could nearly flip this whole thing upside down, water sneakily entering the boat.. "Etho no jumping on the boa- ETHO WAIT!!" I yelped, grabbing the young hermit's hand before he fell in the water. I carefully dragged the young hermit down to my lap again, and wrapped my arms around his tiny waist before he could do anything cheeky.