Bonus Chapter: It Becomes A Happy Memory For Us

I posted in less than 24 hours! Woo! 👏

[Small Warning: 1 cuss] 

I've been becoming very bold with my cussing privileges, aren't I? 

Now originally I was just going to send you a short draft [because we can't have angsty leftovers-]. But after the last chapter, you guys were so on board with the angsty bonus that I gained enough motivation to actually finish this draft. 

So…. Thank you guys for motivating me! °^° 👏

This takes place after the events of the previous chapter, "Operation NLH". But this is an alternate chapter where the young hermits proceed with Joe's plan to steal the adult hermits' stuff. 

I'll be honest, there's not that much stealing in this story. It's just… angst-

_____________________________

--Cleo's POV--

It was official. Hermitcraft's first ever daycare was now closed for this season. 

We've only used Grumbot as a daycare for more than 2 months yet it really did feel like forever ever since the hermits turned into kids. 

Speaking of the young hermits, none of them were really fond of the idea that this was their final visit to this daycare. I expected that reaction but it still caught me a bit off guard.

I mean… They were incredibly active this morning. All playing around the boat, whispering loudly at each other, Tango screaming every time he made a genius point, and now they're just quiet.. 

Their sudden urge to all group up together into one meeting was very suspicious indeed, but I'm honestly not that surprised. 

I know they're upset. I know they don't want to leave. I know that Joe lied to me when he said that it was okay. But in all honesty, I'm not exactly sure how to deal with this. 

I mean, of course I'll tell Joe the reason for leaving season 7, but I want to do it in a way that Joe understands our current situation, our reasons for why we're doing this. I needed his honesty so that I could help him deal with this together. I couldn't do it when Joe isn't really that open with me anymore. 

So here's me and the kid, rowing our way back to my base. Joe kept his head slightly down, fiddling around with his fingers. I waited impatiently as we hit the loading point of the world. Not only was it taking forever for the server to load my side of the island, the absence of the kid's random rants left me driving mad. 

Damit server! Why are you making awkward situations like this happen!? Do you really want me to talk to Joe right now!? We can literally do this on land, server! 

… 

… 

… 

Well, the server had a point… The conversation had to happen sooner rather than later, right? Still don't know why I'm talking to the server like it's some sentient being-

"Joe," I called out softly. 

A small hand flinched from my side as a metal object fell near my left foot. I turned around to see the horror plastered on Joe's petrified face. "Joe, are you.. Okay?" 

My eyes darted back at the object that fell. Once I picked up the item, I immediately recognized it as my communicator.. 

I looked at the device  then back at Joe. The young hermit made no effort to move from his paralyzed position, he looked way too scared to even break a sweat.