Chapter 27: Drama In The Lakes

After months of my notifications getting spammed with song chains, more song chains, awws, complaints about Grian, even more song chains, Joe cannibalism, and another song chain… I'm finally back. 

Hello. :D

_____________________________

" Hypnooooooooo-"

" Yeah?"

" You said that you picked the closest world you could find?" 

" That I did." 

" Well first off, you're a big liar." 

Hypno scoffed at the comment. "I said it was the closest, I did not say it was going to be the shortest trip."

He kept looking forward but he could just feel Keralis' glare piercing through the back of his neck. " Then be less ambiguous before letting me sacrifice my seat to Grian! My legs are going to snap like a twig at this rate!" 

As much as Hypno would like to continue messing with the wide-eyed hermit, he couldn't help but agree to his statement. Their long journey to season 9 was a lot more tedious than the season 8 trip. The road was a mess, there were less trees to use as shade, and the sun was scorching enough to burn their flesh. No one can blame each other if one of them just passes out on the spot. 

Actually, maybe he himself would pass out on the spot right now. He might have drained the bits of his energy on teasing Keralis.. He turned his head at the tired hermits behind him. "If this is reassuring enough, the new season 9 world is only an hour away from here. We're almost there!" 

As expected, their groans grew louder.      " Hypno, I hate you." 

"Love you too Keralis." 

Scratch what he said 20 seconds ago. He still has the bits of energy to mess with Keralis. 

Soon the banter died down and everyone silently suffered through the rest of the journey. Hypno pulled out a scroll and started unrolling it. It was a map that he hastily sketched before they left. He continued to reread the map, marking off different parts of the map they already passed by with a big red cross. He hummed in satisfaction and started carefully rolling up the map. 

Well, he was about to roll it up until a hand held a quick grip to it, catching poor Hypno off guard. The owner of the hand gave him a playful bump on the shoulder, a smile plastered on the creeper's face. " May I borrow this for a sec?" Doc pleaded. 

Confused, but he nodded in agreement anyway. Hypno watched as Doc took the map from his hand and started unscrolling it. He read the map for a good few seconds, eyebrows slightly raised to show his amusement. " I see.. " Doc mumbled. 

 " Doc?.." 

Doc brought the map closer to Hypno's view, pointing his finger at a certain part of the map. " I don't know if you're aware of this but there's a path to a lake, not too far from here." 

 " I was already aware of that. " Hypno smiled, staring suspiciously at the hermit." Just thought that it would take longer to get to season 9 if we took that path." 

" I know, but," Doc paused, waving his hands around to try and emphasize something... It's starting to sound like Doc had other plans, and he himself was going to be the key to setting it in motion. Doc let out a lowly chuckle as he rested his palm on his own neck. " If it isn't too much, maybe we can try the longer path? You know? For Zedaph’s sake? "

The talk about a detour he predicted, the Zedaph part however, came unexpectedly.  If Hypno wasn't already confused, then he is now. " I'm sorry wha-.. for Zedaph’s sake?"