Chapter 23: The Not So Good Doctor

Quick lighthearted warning: This is the most filler chapter I ever wrote- 

I kid you not- this chapter was something I randomly made to pass the time. Mostly based on an actual random roleplay I did with my sister a very long time ago. 

So this chapter was basically me recalling these memories of this weird roleplay we did. Lol 👏

_____________________________

" Next patient please!" Young False called out from behind her pretend desk [chest].

Ren came hopping in, with one leg hiding behind him. "Help! I don't have a leg! I need a doctor!"

Just then, Cub came out of nowhere, with a white lab coat. " I'm a doctor. I will bring your leg back." Ren yelps to the floor as Cub yanks the hidden leg and forcefully puts it on the floor. " All better!"

" Thank you, doctor! I am aliveeeee! " He then sprints away with his 'newly healed leg'. 

Keralis wondered how he and Pearl somehow started their own medical drama, but he guessed he should summarize it back to the beginning.

Basically Cleo's off duty once again, which left Keralis and Pearl to handle the daycare for the whole day. Honestly, a bad decision. Too many unsanitary jokes to share together, might even influence the kids. As they joked about, Cub came in with a white, fresh, lab coat. One he got from Grian’s donated costumes. Obviously the kids all gathered around the young hermit to marvel at his stunning and 'serious' appearance. So they all happily agreed to play doctor! 

Keralis decided to play nurse, while poor, unfortunate Pearl ended up with the role as their 'attempted murder' patient.. He must say, the kids have some disturbingly interesting ideas, and they don't even know what 'attempted murder' actually is! It's just that the way described her case sounded like attempted murder. 

" Don't worry, Auntie Pearl." Young XB reassured, also wearing a doctor's coat just like Cub's.

" After we get the sword from your heart, you will be fine." 

"Ohh. Thank you~" Pearl mumbles dramatically, lying awkwardly on the wooden floor with a wooden sword between her armpits, staining her shirt with a bit of red healing potion as her blood. She looked way too hooked in the roleplay.. 

" I found out who hurt Auntie Pearl!" Young Iskall came bursting in, dragging the poor ninja into the scene. 

Oh yeah. Did Keralis forget to mention that Iskall and Jevin were playing police too? 

Everyone gasps dramatically. They all shared betrayed looks as they stared at the culprit in Iskall's grasp. "Etho! My brother! You tried to hurt Auntie Pearl?!" XB cried out. 

" How could you, Etho!?" Pearl cried out too. " I gave you the wrong story book, one mistake, and you decided to stab me!" 

True story, actually. Minus the stabbing- 

Etho stared blankly at them before Iskall and Jevin roughly dragged him to the dungeon [the pile of books. Because school is a prison-] Nahhhh. Keralis was only kidding. School is important, kids. 

XB cried crocodile tears- or at least they hoped it was crocodile tears. Pearl stopped her role playing for a good second to check on the young hermit. Meanwhile, 'Doctor Cub' came to the scene, leading young Gemini and the unnamed chicken around their 'hospital'. 

" Clear the hallway!" Cub exclaimed, shoving all the young hermits to the side. "We have 2 pregnant patients!" 

" Ahhh yes. Me and Mrs. Chicken are the very 'bestest' of friends." Gemini strolled through the pretend hallway with a bunch of clothes shoved through her stomach to represent the 'baby'. Mrs. Chicken followed- or was taunted, by the seeds that sprinkled from the young redhead's hands.