Chapter two

"So, what have we missed?" 

Caspian brought them all over to a table where several maps lay scattered after having summoned Captain Drinian.

"Since you left," Caspian told them, "the Giants of the North surrendered unconditionally...then we defeated the Calormen armies at the Great Desert. There is peace across all of Narnia."

"Peace?" Edmund questioned excitedly.

"In just over three years." Caspian confirmed.

"Hang on. If there are no wars to fight and no one is in trouble..." Edmund interrupted, "Then why are we here?"

"It's a good question." Caspian replied, looking up at them. "I've been asking myself the same thing." Kaylee looked down at the map as Edmund asked.

"So, where are we sailing to?" Caspian started pointing at the map, and Lucy's eyes eagerly followed her friend's finger until he started speaking , "Before I took back the throne from my uncle ..he tried to kill my father's closest friends and most loyal supporters."

Caspian turned around, leaned against the table on which the maps lay, and directed his attention to several drawings hanging on the wall. The siblings and Kaylee walked closer to get a better look, looking at what was stated at the map. 

"The seven lords of Telmar," Caspian continued. "They fled to the Lone Islands."

Caspian pointed at the map, but Kaylee could point out the Lone Islands in her sleep. They had lived in Narnia for longer than Caspian had lived. "No one has heard from them since." Kaylee looked concernedly at Caspian as his eyes saddened, she walked over to him and held her hand on his shoulder. Edmund looked at Caspian too before he looked back at the drawings, "So you think something has happened to them?"

"Well, if it has, it's my duty to find out." Caspian replied softly.

"And we're here to help you." Kaylee answered as she brushed her blond locks out of her face. 

"Well, what's east of the Lone Islands?" Lucy then questioned.

"Uncharted waters. Things you can barely imagine. Tales of sea serpents and worse." Kaylee frowned at Drinian, Edmund following. 

Edmund smirked with a small huff, "Sea serpents?"

"All right, Captain." Caspian interrupted, having grabbed an apple from a bowl nearby and smirked before he took a bite of the apple. "...that's enough of your tall tales."

The two boys then turned their attention towards the present and former kings of Narnia as their swords met for the first time. Edmund and Caspian's fight was quicker to evolve than the light – mostly because Edmund and Caspian didn't dance around and taunted each other. They focused on fighting. The crew soon had to find new places to stand as the two monarchs' fight was much more demanding of space. Kaylee had found a seat on a staircase, leading up to the helm.

As she took another sip of water, she couldn't help but notice how happy Edmund looked. The younger boy had been one of the most respected and loved politicians during his and his siblings' reign. He was fair at trials and he was fair during war time – and that was after he had gotten the title 'the Just' as a child. Another thing about Edmund is that he loved sparring. And why not? He was excellent at it, and right now he was giving another great swordsman a run for his money. Caspian and Edmund fought like mad men and blocked and ducked each other's blows each time.

Edmund gasped however when Caspian swung his sword close to her brother-in-law's head, which Edmund ducked with grace at the last minute. The crew cheered the both of them on, and Kaylee smiled fondly watching her brother and friend play around with each other. Suddenly, their swords caught each other. Caspian spun around, giving him momentum and suddenly his arm and sword were at Edmund's neck. The crew cheered by the fight, and Kaylee could hear Caspian and Edmund chuckle to each other as they slowly stepped away.

Caspian put a hand on Edmund's shoulder and squeezed it while pushing the teen gently while he smiled. "You've grown stronger, my friend."

"Seems I have." Edmund replied with a smile as Caspian played with his sword before placing it in its sheath.

"All right. Back to work!" Drinian, who had been standing by the helm above the queen, called out to the crew. Without any protests the crew satisfactorily went back to work. Kaylee joined Edmund while Caspian had went into the captain's quarters.

"Your Highness." A crew member held out a mug of water towards Edmund.

"Thank you." Edmund thanked him gently. Kaylee smiled and put a hand on her brothers shoulder as they neared Lucy, who sat on some barrels, her eyes focusing on the ocean around them.

Lucy smiled at them as they joined her by the barrels. "Edmund, Kaylee." Lucy spoke up with furrowed brows and a slight nervous tone. The two teens turned to look questioningly at Lucy. "Do you think if we keep sailing to the end of the world," Lucy continued, "we'll just... tip off the edge?" Kaylee heard something that sounded like a hatch being opened, and she saw movement from the corner of her eyes, but she didn't react on it as Edmund's reassuring voice cut through.

"Don't worry, Lu. We're a long way from there. "

"I see you're still talking nonsense, the three of you." Eustace's voice was shaky as he approached them. Kaylee groaned, she had met the boy earlier on in her relationship with Peter and he was a very annoying boy. 

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy, the always good-natured girl, questioned kindly.

"Yes," Eustace snorted, "No thanks to you. It's lucky I have an iron constitution."

"As effervescent as ever, I see." Kaylee smiled at Reepicheep's comment. The noble mouse was holding onto the ropes beside them. "Find your sea legs?"

"Never lost them." Eustace snapped. "Simply dealing with the shock of things. Mother says I have an acute disposition due to my intelligence." Edmund, who had just taking a sip of water, nearly choked by Eustace's comment. Kaylee tried to conceal her laughter and instead went on to clap Edmund's back.

"I don't think he has a cute anything." Reep commented. At that Lucy and Kaylee giggled.

"I'll have you all, as soon as we find civilization.." Eustace said loudly as he began to walk away from them with his front towards them, "I'm contacting the British Consul. Have you all arrested for kidnapping." Kaylee nearly burst into laughter as Eustace collided with Caspian's chest as he walked up to them.

"Kidnapping, is it?" Caspian questioned amusedly, sharing a look with the Pevensies and Kaylee before smirking at a speechless Eustace, "That's funny. I thought we saved your life."

"You held me against my will!" Eustace shrilled, looking back and forth between them all. Reepicheep let out a laugh, "Ha!"

"Did he now?" Kaylee chuckled, sharing a bemused smile with Caspian.

"In, what I must say, are the most unhygienic quarters." Eustace continued his rambling. Kaylee met Caspian's glance, and she simply shrugged and smirked at his disbelieving gaze. "It's like a zoo down there!"

"Are you sure he doesn't belong in this zoo he's talking so fondly about?" Edmund asked Kaylee quietly. She went into a fit of laughter, resulting in her choking on the water she had just poured into her mouth. Edmund grinned innocently, while Caspian on other side of her smiled softly while clapping her back comfortingly.

"He's quite the complainer, isn't he?" Reepicheep remarked amused.

"He's just warming up." Edmund informed nonchalantly.

"Land ho!" All of them looked up at the call and looked to where the crew member in the mast was pointing. Caspian stormed up the stairs to Drinian and looked into the horizon. It took Kaylee a few moments to focus. And there it was. A couple of small tips of something stuck out of the water. 

Thank you for joining me in this chapter. If you did enjoy it, please leave a vote, comment, follow and maybe a theory/suggestion for my story! See you soon!

-X violet's-library