Chapter two

Kaylee was sitting next to Peter, her head on his shoulder as she listened to Susan. She was playing ... some sort of game with Peter, but he really didn't seem into it. 

''Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar. Come on, Peter Gas-tro-vas-cu-lar.'' Kaylee chuckled as Peter sighed loudly, rolling his eyes at the second oldest sibling. 

''Is it Latin?'' He questioned, Susan looking up and smiling proudly.

''Yes!''

''Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?'' Kaylee chuckled at Edmund as she listened, earning a glare and a slap on the arm from Susan. 

''We could play hide-and-seek.'' Lucy proposed, smiling at her brother hopefully, grabbing his arm as she smiled at him.

''But we're already having so much fun!'' He replied sarcastically. Kaylee smiling as he pushed his arm over her shoulder, kissing the side of her head.

''Please, please, please.'' The youngest pleaded her eldest brother. He looked at Kaylee who smiled as he nodded and started counting.

''One...two...three...four...''

''What?'' Edmund questioned before running off, rolling his eyes as Kaylee sped past him.

''Keep up little legs.'' 

''Very funny Kaylee!'' She gave him a grin as she passed both him and Lucy, sprinting into an empty room, hiding herself behind the curtain. 

''98, 99, 100... Ready or not here I come.'' Kaylee heard her boyfriend yell out to the others, before she could hear Lucy screaming. She frowned as she pushed the curtain away from her, running back to where she could hear the voices coming from.

''I'm back, I'm back, it's alright.''

''You know, I'm not sure if you two have quite gotten the idea of this game!'' Kaylee arrived at the scene, frowning at Lucy.

''But weren't you wondering where I was?'' Kaylee, Edmund and Peter glanced at each other in confusion before Edmund spoke up.

''That's the point! That's why he was seeking you!''

''Does this mean I win?'' Susan's voice piped up from behind them, Kaylee raising her shoulders at the slightly younger girl in front of her, speaking up. 

''I don't think Lucy wants to play anymore.''

''I've been ... gone for hours?''

Susan tapped her fist onto the back of the closet, as Edmund was knocking on the back of the closet, shaking his head as his face appeared again. ''The only wood in here is the back of the wardrobe.''

''One game at a time Lu, we don't all have your imagination.'' Peter explained, his hand combining with Kaylee's as the four of them started to walk away, Edmund glancing at his younger sister as she yelled back. 

''But I wasn't imagining!'' 

''That's enough, Lucy'' Susan argued back at her. 

''I wouldn't lie about this!'' She yelled back, Kaylee looking at the other two eldest in the room, who looked at her in return, just as Kaylee was about to speak, Edmund beat her to it. 

''Well I believe you.''

''You do?'' Lucy asked hopefully, her eyes brightly looking at her brother as she smiled at him. Kaylee looked at the boy, not fully trusting him on what he was going to tell her. Surely it couldn't have been real, a magical land in a wardrobe?