Chapter eight

Kaylee had woken up first the next morning, untangling herself from Peter as she got herself dressed back into the dress she had gotten yesterday. She still wondered why she had been brought to Narnia alongside the Pevensies, it seemed so surreal to be there. Peter had woken up not long after, smiling at her as he pulled her in for a sweet kiss before they left the tent together, meeting up with Lucy and Susan. 

Kaylee held up her hand against the sun, her mouth forming into a smile as she saw Edmund speaking with Aslan. When the three siblings saw her smiling, they too turned to the hill. Lucy breaking into a big smile. ''Edmund!'' When she tried to run to him, Aslan and Edmund both turned to her, Peter grabbing her wrist as the pair came down the hill, walking towards the four humans. 

''What is done is done. There is no need to speak with Edmund about what has past.'' Aslan spoke before walking away from the five children. Kaylee studied his face, he looked tired and had a busted lip, earning compassion from Kaylee. 

''Hello ... '' He spoke silently, no more words were spoken as Kaylee pulled him into a hug, kissing the top of his head. After she let go if him, his sisters pulled him into a hug, holding him closely before letting go again. ''How are you feeling?''

''Just a bit tired.'' He spoke up, his head hung low as he looked at Peter. 

''Get some sleep.'' He spoke sternly, like a father scolding a son, but before Kaylee could tell him off, she saw a smile appear on his lips. ''And Ed?'' When Edmund turned around again, his face set into a sad expression. ''Try not to wonder off.'' Edmund smiled at that as he nodded, walking into the tent to get some sleep. 

While Edmund had gone to get some sleep, Kaylee had wondered off by herself, she couldn't shake the feeling of not belonging in Narnia. For the siblings it was logic, they were there because of the prophesy, but for Kaylee, she had no real meaning to Narnia. Or so she thought. When she had sat down near the water, Aslan had joined her.

''Is something troubling you child?'' She turned to the great lion, wondering how he had known. She gave a silent nod as she looked at the water. ''You're wondering as why you're here, are you not?'' 

''Kind of.'' 

''I had expected that, you have a bright mind, always thinking.'' She chuckled at that, her mother said that about her as well. ''Well there is a simple explanation.'' She frowned at him as she turned to him again.

''There is?'' 

''Indeed my child. You're great grandmother lived in Narnia years ago, a brave knight of the table.'' He looked down to the ground, as if debating to tell her more. ''She left Narnia a long time ago, wanting to have a child, a husband. Narnia had no more humans so Narnia couldn't give her that.'' 

''You mean she was born here?'' 

''Not precisely, more like created.'' When Kaylee frowned again, he nodded. ''I created your great-grandmother. I knew we would need humans again, but I was not strong enough to create more of them, so I allowed her to go to your world, to find happiness.'' 

''You knew humans would return. The Pevensies and I.''

''Correct.'' 

Hours later after Edmund had finally woken up again, the children sat around a table, eating their lunch as Edmund kept filling his mouth with toast. Lucy looked at him before chuckling. 

''Narnia isn't going to run out of toast Edmund.'' 

''I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back.'' All heads turned to Peter, who was leaning against a rock as he sipped his water.