Chapter six

The left overs from the army all went back to the How in defeat. Kaylee walking next to Edmund as she rested her head on his shoulder, both them being annoyed with how the battle ended, they were seen as the tactical ones during the golden ages, so having to leave most of their army hit them the hardest. 

"What happened?" She heard Lucy ask.

"Ask him." Peter replied as he glared at Caspian, grabbing Kaylee her hand and pulling her along towards the cave before Caspian spoke up rather harshly. 

''Me?" Caspian stopped walking, "You could have called it off. There was still time."

"No, there wasn't, thanks to you." Peter retorted. "If you kept to the plan, those soldiers might still be alive right now." He wanted to keep walking, Kaylee could see that, he didn't want to fight with Caspian. 

"If you'd stayed here like I suggested, the definitely would be!" That's when Peter snapped at him.

''You called us, remember?''

''My first mistake.'' That did not just make Peter angry, Kaylee stepped forward, ignoring Edmund calling her back.

''No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people.'' Peter retorted back as Kaylee grabbed his hand, pulling him with her.    

''HEY!'' Kaylee and Peter turned back, Kaylee getting more angry than Peter at the moment. ''I am not the one who abandoned Narnia!'' 

''You invaded Narnia.'' Peter spoke as he pointed at him, and Kaylee couldn't help but to agree. ''You have no more right to lead it than Miraz does.''Caspian pushed past him, but he had already done too much damage to the high king. ''You, him, your father... Narnia's better off without the lot of you.'' Caspian drew his sword, but Kaylee had been faster, blocking him with her own before it could hit Peter.

''Stop it!'' Edmund yelled at them, Kaylee lowering her sword as a centaur placed their dear little friend on the floor. Lucy gasped  as she ran towards him, dropping a drop of her powerful healing liquid into his mouth. Kaylee turned back to Caspian, seeing that he had already left the group, another dwarf following him.

''What are you all standing around for?'' Trumkin looked around at them. ''Telmarines will be here soon enough. '' As Lucy stood up, he grabbed her arm, smiling at her. ''Thank you...my dear little friend.'' Kaylee let herself be led back inside, as Peter pulled on her arm softly, bringing her into his side as she let her head rest on his chest, a tear escaping from her eye as he kissed her forehead, trying to calm the girl down. 

Kaylee looked around herself, noticing that the air had gone cold around her, moving her hand to her arm as she rubbed it up and down, trying to heat herself up. It seemed that she had not been the only one to notice, Peter and Edmund had turned to one another before looking at Kaylee. 

She was the first to move towards the cold, hearing the one voice she had never wanted to hear ever again, Jadis. She could only hear the words, 'drop of Adam's blood'' but that was enough for her to start running, the brothers following her on her heel, Peter yelling 'stop' as the trio, alongside Trumkin, who had followed them, rushed into the room. A bear like creature jumped at Edmund as Trumkin fought off the other dwarf, another witch like creature had taken up on Kaylee as she drew her sword, ready to defend herself. She noticed the dwarf got the upperhand on Trumkin just before Lucy rushed in, overpowering him before he twisted her arm, the girl yelling in pain. Kaylee stopped paying attention to her own opponent, quickly learning her lesson as the creature clawed at her, drawing blood from her leg as she started to limp. 

She could see Peter rushing to Caspian, pushing him away, but she had no time to pay attention to the boys as she finally got the upper hand, killing the creature before falling down, her leg giving out in pain.  

The ice suddenly fell down with a thud, Edmund with his sword raised behind it as he lowered it, looking at Peter. ''I know.'' He spoke before walking towards Kaylee. ''You had it sorted.'' Kaylee clawed at her leg, hissing in pain as Edmund picked her up bridal style, careful of the claw marks. 

Welcome to the first chapter of the new year! I hope you all had a great time with your family around the holiday time. If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. I'll see you soon!

-X Violet's-library