Chapter ten

That's when they started losing. The White Witch got off her chariot and when the Narnian soldiers started to go after her, she turned them to stone. Edmund and Kaylee joined the fight. 

She just got done stabbing an ogre when she heard Peter call her name and Edmund's. "There's too many! Get out of here!" Peter yelled at them. "Get Lucy and Susan and get them home!"

Kaylee blocked an attack from boggle before slicing it's head off and Mr. Beaver grabbed her hand, "You heard him! Let's go!" They got up onto the rocks as Kaylee watched Peter as he took on a minotaur and an ogre at once. 

Edmund looked around and noticed the witch taking down a faun and centaur. He un-sheathed his sword, "Peter said, 'Get out of here!'" Mr. Beaver said.

"Peter's not king yet!" He replied before running towards the witch. Kaylee followed after him, trying to defend him as he made his way to the witch. She tried to keep an eye out for Edmund, but after battling so many creatures, she lost sight of him. She battled her way to the front, dodging other swords and giants as a scream filled her ears. 

"Edmund!" Peter and screamed. Her head turned to where Edmund grunted in pain and fell to the ground. Kaylee felt herself boiling up as she rushed to the witch, swinging her sword at Jadis with rage. She dodged easily and she continued fighting the teen. Peter got caught up with a minotaur while trying to get over to her. Kaylee eventually got her in the arm, but it didn't affect her at all. Kaylee heard a roar and they both looked over and at the top of the ledge was Aslan, and around him were more soldiers.

"Impossible." the White Witch whispered. Kaylee, knowing she couldn't defeat the witch, took this as her opportunity to sprint away, rushing to Edmund and defending him as he laid on the ground.  She watched as Aslan killed the white witch and soldiers started to flee. Kaylee let herself fall next to Edmund, helping his head onto her knees, trying to clear his airway. 

Edmund's breathing was shallow as the siblings ran over to him, taking his helmet off of his head. Lucy looked at her brother as she put one drop between his lips before pulling the bottle away. He wasn't breathing anymore. Tears blurred Kaylee's vision before Edmund coughed and opened his eyes. Peter forced him to sit up and hug him.

"When are you going to learn to do as you're told?" Peter asked when he pulled back. Edmund smiled and the four hugged him. He was looking at something, so they pulled back and turned to see what it was. Aslan blew on one of the warriors that was turned to stone and the stone disappeared and it breathed again. Lucy picked up her fire flower juice and smiled at the lion before standing up and running to the nearest injured soldier.

A few days later they dressed in royal clothing and there was a ceremony at Cair Paravel. They walked side by side next to Aslan as he led the five children to five thrones at the front of the room. On both sides, there were centaurs in armour, holding up swords for them to walk under. Once they got to the steps, we slowly walked up and in stood in front of the thrones. As if on que, they all turned around to face the audience.

"To the glistening northeastern sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant. To the great western wood, King Edmund the Just. To the radiant southern sun, Queen Susan the Gentle. To the clear northern sky, I give you King Peter the Magnificent. And to the strong wind of the east, I give you Queen Kaylee the Imaginative." Aslan said as the beavers came up with crowns and Mr. Tumnus, who now had a dark blue scarf, placed them upon their heads. 

 "Once a king or queen of Narnia, always a king or queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens." Aslan turned to the audience and everyone at once spoke,

"All hail King Peter, all hail King Edmund, all hail Queen Susan, all hail Queen Kaylee, all hail Queen Lucy."

The last chapter before the epilogue for book one, I cannot wait to jump into book two! I hope you enjoyed it, please if you did leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post. I'll see you soon!

-X violet's-library