Book two

One year had passed for the Pevensies and Kaylee, one year since they had accidentally left Narnia. Kaylee and Susan were the ones who had it the easiest, but Kaylee could see that Peter was having much trouble with it, he wasn't used to being treated like a kid anymore and now that he was treated like it, he had started acting like it. 

When he got into fights the first few times, she had helped him, still having quite the combat skills that she gained in Narnia, but after a while, she let him sort it out by himself, unless she was already involved. Peter and Edmund had enrolled in the Hendon House boarding School while Susan, Kaylee and Lucy had enrolled into Saint Finbar's, which was just across the road, allowing the siblings and Kaylee to meet up a lot of times. Today was one of the days where Kaylee and Peter were with just the two of them, enjoying their time together.

They were walking across the street as they held hands, both with a ring on their fingers, while in Narnia, the two had married, but when they were brought back, Peter had bought a set of rings for the two teenagers to remember their old marriage now that they were no longer in Narnia. While she was in her red school uniform and he was in his blue school uniform, the two of them were underground going for the train when a boy from another school had bumped into Peter. The boy had forced him to apologize and when Kaylee tried to pull Peter away from the upcoming fight, all hell broke loose. 

Kaylee was pulled apart from Peter as he started fighting against the other three boys, the fourth one holding onto Kaylee, he had surely not expected the girl to be as skilled as she was. She pulled herself away from him in a matter of seconds as she pulled one of the other three boys of of Peter before others surrounding them had started chanting. 

The fight went on for a short time when Kaylee had caught sight of Lucy and Susan, already feeling a lecture coming up before the black haired brother joined the fight. He had pulled away the boy who had tried to sneak up behind Kaylee while she pulled another boy of of Peter again, giving a nod to Edmund as a silent 'thank you.' Others joined in again before she heard a loud whistle in her ears, some soldiers coming to put the fighting to a stop. 

Minutes later, the Pevensies and Kaylee sat on a small bench on the station as they waited for the train to come. After a few moments of silence, Edmund broke into a sarcastic mood. ''You're welcome.''

''I had it sorted.'' Peter snarled as he got up from his seat, his hand leaving the one of Kaylee. 

''What was it this time?'' Susan questioned as her gaze bent to Kaylee for a moment who scoffed at her, she hated it when Susan just assumed that she had something to do with it. 

''He bumped me.'' Peter spoke up. 

''So you hit him?'' Lucy questioned with a high voice, the shock practically coming out of her toes as her eldest brother shook his head. 

''No. After he bumped me,they tried to make me apologize. -- That's when I hit him.''

''Really? - Is it that hard just to walk away?''

''I shouldn't have to. I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid? ''

''We are kids.''

'' Well, I wasn't always. It's been a year. -- How long does he expect us to wait?''

''I think it's time to accept that we live here. It's no use pretending any different.'' When Susan turned her head, her face became one of shock, tugging onto Kaylee's sleeve. ''Oh, no. -- Pretend you're talking to me.''

''We are talking to you.'' Edmund remarked back, earning a glare from Susan while Kaylee had to hide her laughter. Not even a moment later, Lucy suddenly jumped up from her seat, yelling out in pain.

''Quiet, Lu.''

''Something pinched me! ''

''Stop pulling!'' Peter yelled at Edmund as he jumped up as well, Edmund glaring at him as he held up his hands.

''Not touching you.'' he snarled back 

''Look, would all of you just...'' It seemed that Susan and Edmund had caught up as well, jumping away from the bench. ''What is that?''

''It feels like magic.'' Lucy spoke up, her bright eyes gazing at the other two girls.

''Everyone hold hands.''

''I'm not holding your hand!'' Edmund yelled at Peter before Kaylee stepped between them, grabbing both of their hands as the train went passed them with an abnormal speed, the bricks falling apart as it revealed a beach instead of a brick wall. 

They walked onto the beach as they broke into a smile before rushing to the water, getting their shoes and socks of as well as some of their clothing such as jumpers and ties. Peter picked Kaylee up from behind as he lifted her up, earning a sequel before Edmund had began to splash the couple. It only went on for a short time when they found that Edmund was no longer splashing the water.

''Ed?'' Kaylee spoke up from besides Peter, Edmund's head turning to her. ''What is it?''

''Where do you suppose we are?''

''Well, where do you think?'' Peter answered back with a chuckle, but Kaylee understood what Edmund meant, there were ruins above them.

''Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia.'' The others gazed up as well, looking at each other as their fun had died out, walking up the cliff. 

Kaylee had gone to one side as her tie was still around her neck, hearing Susan call for them as she found something. Edmund walked up to them, frowning at a chess piece.

''Hey, that's mine. -- From my chess set.'' He added after a moment, taking the piece in his hand as Peter frowned.

''Which chess set?''

''Well,  I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley, did I?'' He remarked back at him, a hint of sarcasm coming from his voice. Lucy looked around again as she ran off.

''Can't be.'' The other four followed her, not understanding what was going on.

''Don't you see?''

''What?''

''lmagine walls.'' She placed Edmund in a spot before moving onto Peter and Kaylee. ''And columns, there.'' She moved next to Susan as she pointed again. ''And a glass roof.''

''Cair Paravel.'' Kaylee spoke up with a sad voice, their old castle, fully destroyed. 

The first chapter of book two is officially here!!! I love to go back into the Narnian world to start on Kaylee's story again, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I upload. I'll see you next week!

-X Violet's-library