Chapter two

"Catapults."

"What?" asked Peter who came up behind him. Edmund looked up to him before turning back to a boulder in front of him. 

"This didn't just happen. Cair Paravel was attacked," he explained. Peter looked around and started toward a stone wall. The girls and Edmund following him. Kaylee remembered now where Peter was going as he and Edmund pushed the fake wall away from the door to their old cellar, it was mostly wooden and covered in vines. It was so old that Peter could peel the layers of wood off and it only took a small shove to push the door down completely.

As Peter peeked inside Kaylee saw that it was dark, dusty and she could already smell that it smelled like dirt. Peter looked down as he used his pocket knife to cut a strip of fabric from the bottom of his shirt before picking up a stick and wrapping the fabric around it.

A frown appeared on Kaylee's face as she turned to Edmund, who had a small, subtle smirk on his face as he sent her a wink, "I don't suppose you have any matches in there, do you?" he asked Edmund.

Edmund dug around in his satchel with a small smirk on his lips. "No..." Then he pulled out an electric torch. "...but would this help?" Kaylee let her chuckle escape, now understanding the wink he sent her earlier.

Peter gawked at the torch as he chuckled. "You might've mentioned that a bit sooner!" he whined. Edmund smiled and led the way into the secret room, waving his torch around.

They walked down steep spiraling stairs and Lucy looked over the edge. She saw a chamber below her with five fancy white chests. Then she hurried after her sibling and Kaylee before they left her behind.

They opened a tall gold gate at the bottom of the stairs and entered the chamber. "I can't believe it!" Peter cried. "It's all still here!"

The younger Pevensies rushed to their chests of treasures and opened the lid. Kaylee didn't pay much attention to the conversations around her as she picked up her dress, giving a small smile before her eye caught a sight of a small diamond. She smiled even brighter as she picked up her wedding ring, Susan giving her a smile as she pushed the -now- too big ring around her finger. 

Susan turned her attention away from her sister-in-law again before she saw that something was missing from her trunk. "My horn!" Susan cried, after not finding her horn in her treasure chest. "I must have left it on my saddle... the day we went back."

Everyone turned to look at Peter as he lifted the lid of his storage chest and picked up his sword that Father Christmas had given his so many Narnian years ago. Peter drew the sword and looked at the inscription on it. "When Aslan bares his teeth, winter meets its death..."

''When he shakes his mane," Lucy said, remembering the old saying. "We shall have spring again." Lucy felt tears coming on but chewed her lip to keep them from spilling. "Everyone we knew... Mr. Tumnus and the Beavers... they're all gone."

Everyone was quiet until Peter broke the silence, "I think it's time we found out what's going on."

The Pevensies and Kaylee had ended up near a beach, a small rowing boat with two what seemed like humans and a dwarf in it, Kaylee frowned as she tried to get a better look, now seeing that the 2 men had picked up the dwarf, ready to drown him. 

An arrow landed in the boat as Susan held her bow up, yelling loudly. "Drop him!" 

''Dwap hmm?!" The Pevensies alongside Kaylee were running to the beach and drawing their weapons.The two men dropped the dwarf into the water, Susan hitting one of the what seemed like soldiers into his chest, killing him in an instance, Peter and Edmund ran into the water, Peter swimming down as he grabbed the dwarf while Edmund got the boat. Kaylee rushed to Edmund as she pulled the boat onto shore, Kaylee taking part of the rope to help him, before they moved to join the other siblings, Peter earning a small kiss on the cheek from Kaylee. 

Lucy had gotten out her dagger and cut the piece of fabric. The dwarf started coughing and doubled over when he was free. He snatched the gag away from his mouth and said, "Drop him?!" He glared at Susan. "That's the best you could come up with!"

Susan frowned, feeling very much offended now. "A simple 'thank you' would suffice!"

"They were doing fine drowning me without your help!" his face looked quite ticked off.

"Maybe we should have let them!" Peter threatened getting mad, he hated it when others were getting on with his siblings.

"Why are they trying to kill you anyway?" Lucy asked curiously.

"They're Tellmarines," He answered darkly. "It's what they do."

"Tellmarines?" Edmund asked, confused.

"Where have you been for the past few hundred years?" The dwarf demanded like he didn't expect to get an answer.

"It's a bit of a long story," Lucy tried to explain as she gave a small smile.

"Few hundred years?" Edmund repeated him. There was a perplexed look on his face as he turned to Kaylee and Peter. 

Kaylee handed Peter his sword back, that he had passed her when he ran to save the Dwarf. Only now the dwarf noticed that the hilt of the sword was shaped like a lion and was golden. He eyed the five children "Aww... you've got to be kidding me," the dwarf said more to himself than to anyone else. "You're it?" he continued. "You're the Kings and Queens of old?"

Kaylee couldn't tell if he was disappointed or impressed.  Peter smirked as he stepped forth and held out his hand to the short man. "High King Peter... the Magnificent." The dwarf just stared at Peter's hand.

"You probably could have left out that last part," Susan murmured with a smiled on her face. the dwarf chuckled as if to doubt Peter's ability to be magnificent. "Probably," he agreed with Susan.

"You might be surprised," Peter said, drawing his sword and pointing it at him.

"Oh, you don't want to do that, boy," He warned but Kaylee thought that he was probably just scared to get his dwarf butt kicked by a boy who is most likely younger than him.

"Not me," Peter looked at Edmund. "Him." Edmund frowned at Peter like he couldn't believe his brother just set him up for a duel with a dwarf half his height. Edmund carefully drew his sword and raised it in defense.

Peter handed the dwarf his sword and the dwarf sagged down with the weight of the weapon. Edmund chuckled at this as he glanced at his brother. Suddenly, the dwarf raised his sword and knock Edmund's blade aside. He then took a swing at his opponent but Edmund ducked. He took the opportunity to hit Edmund in the face with his fist.

Edmund backed off, clutching the area around his eye. "Edmund!" Lucy shouted a warning. Kaylee studied the fight carefully, when they were in the golden age, that was mostly her job, analyzing and predicting a move, as it seemed now, the dwarf would win, but she knew Edmund better than that, he would never allow that.  

"Aww, you alright?" The dwarf mocked. He took another swing at Edmund who quickly recovered and moved out of the way. He smacked the dwarf in the back with the butt of his sword.

The dwarf took yet another angry swing at Edmund. Swords clashed together making metallic noises. Edmund blocked all the strikes that were thrown at him, making the dwarf grunt in frustration.

Eventually, Edmund knocked the sword out of the dwarf's grasp. Kaylee smiled with satisfaction seeing that Edmund had actually gotten better at swordplay in the last 1300 years. The dward stared at Edmund's raised sword and fell to his knees in the beach sand. "Beards and bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all!"

"What horn?" Susan asked.

Thank you for joining me on yet another chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book your reading list to stay updated. I'll see you next week!

-X Violet's-library