Chapter four

Once they stepped outside again, they hear rustles from the bushes. Kaylee frowned at a beaver coming from the bushes.

''It's a beaver.'' Lucy commented, Peter approached the beaver, clicking his tongue as his did so. Kaylee stayed close to him as he called for the beaver.

''Here, boy'' After clicking his tongue, he spoke again. ''Come here...'' Peter held out his hand, Mas the beaver stared at it before sitting upright. 

''Well, I ain't gonna smell it if that's what you want!'' When the beaver spoke, Kaylee's eyes widened, pulling Peter back to the siblings and his girlfriend. 

''It's a talking beaver!'' Edmund shrieked in surprise as the beaver took no notice of him, his eyes focused on Lucy.

''Lucy Pevensie?''

''Yes?'''He handed her a handkerchief, leading Kaylee to crouch down next to her, studying it. 

''This is the handkerchief I gave to Mr-''

''Tumnus. He gave it to me just before they took him.'' It explained to het before she spoke up, her eyes darting to the ground.

''Is he alright?''

''Further in.'' The beaver scurried off, as Peter and Kaylee wanted to follow him before Susan grabbed Peter by his arm.

''Peter, we don't know what you are doing.''

''She's right. How do we know we can trust this beaver?''

''He say's he knows the faun.'' He simply replied back to his younger siblings, Kaylee looking at him with a doubtful look, before Susan beat her to it.

''He's a beaver...he shouldn't be saying anything!''

''Is everything alright?'' The beaver asked when he came back, noticing that nobody was following him.

''Yes. We were just talking.''

''That's better left for safer corners.'' He spoke, Kaylee frowned at him and when Lucy caught sight of her, she whispered. 

''He means the trees.'' But that didn't really help, it only made her more confused. They walked to Beaver's dam through the cliffs under a bridge and then they see the dam as Kaylee held Peter's hand tightly. 

''There is home sweet home.''

''Oh, what a beautiful dam Mr. Beaver.''

''Is that you Beaver?'' Kaylee looked up and tried to find the more feminine voice, a bit scared until she saw another beaver coming their way. ''I find out you've been out with Badger again I'll...'' Her gaze landed on the five children as she gasped. ''Oh, they're not Badgers. I never thought I would see this day!'' She than looked at Mr. Beaver with a glare ... or Kaylee thought it was a glare. ''You couldn't give me ten minutes warning ... look at this fur.''

''I would have given you a week if I thought it would help.'' He spoke before letting out some sort of chuckle. Kaylee and Susan shared confused glances as they followed the beavers inside the dam, which was surprisingly big.

''Well you must be cold and hungry. Let's get you inside for some food and civilized conversation.''

''is there nothing we can do about Mr. Tumnus?'' Peter asked as he threw his arm over Kaylee's shoulder, allowing her to put her head on his shoulder in comfort, trying to make sense of all the overwhelming events that were happening all at once.