Chapter nine

"Peter, wake up." Kaylee whispered, shaking his shoulders as she looked at the bundle of flower petals.  

"Kaylee? What's wrong?" Peter asked, sitting up. Then, all of the sudden, he grabbed his sword and pointed it behind her, noticing the flower petals.

"Be still, my prince." She said, "I bring grave news from your sisters."

"It's Aslan, isn't it?" Kaylee questioned as the form of a woman nodded.

 "Aslan is dead. The White Witch has killed him."

An hour or so later, everyone was up and running around, getting ready for battle. Kaylee changed into trousers and a tunic before attaching her sword to her hips and meeting up with Edmund and Peter. They were outside of Aslan's tent with Oreius.

"She was right. He's gone." Peter said as he leaned onto the table in front of him.

"Then you'll have to lead us." Kaylee replied, standing across from Edmund.

"She's right, Peter. There's an army out there. They're ready to follow you." Edmund continued.

"I can't!" Peter exclaimed.

"Aslan believed you could." She responded back, grabbing his hand as she looked at him. "And so do I." Edmund nodded. 

''I do too.'' 

"The witch's army is coming closer. What are your orders?" Oreius asked.

It was around noon when her army came. Edmund and Kaylee had been ordered to go on top of the cliff with the archers and Mr. Beaver. Peter was at the front of the army on his unicorn with Oreius. There was a horn blaring in the distance and Edmund and Kaylee looked at each other as the White Witch's army stopped far away from theirs. 

They had far greater numbers, but that doesn't mean they couldn't win. Peter looked up at his brother and girlfriend as they nodded Kaylee mouthing a 'I'm with you' to him before he turned back around and took out his sword and raised it high. The soldiers cheered and raised their weapons. The witch's army made some noises before charging towards them.

Edmund and Kaylee took out their swords from their sheaths and watched as the opposite soldiers ran towards them. They kept still, waiting for the right moment to attack. Peter pointed towards the witch's army and Gryphon's flew over their head with boulders clutched in their talons. Once they were above the witches army, the Gryphons dropped the boulders. On the other side, Harpy's took to the skies, battling their Gryphons. And on the ground, the White Witch's archers shot some of the them down.

"For Narnia and for Aslan!" Peter yelled and the army attacked. Their army was running in a certain formation. They were at a point, with the cheetahs running in front, while the their army was running straight across. Time seemed to slow down as the two armies ran at each other. The cheetahs jumped on their opponent, either another animal or creature, and the armies collided together. It was hard to see from on top of the cliff, but it certainly wasn't hard to find out where the White Which was. She was in a giant silver chariot, pulled by polar bears. Once she started moving, Kaylee pointed her sword towards the battle,

"Fire!" She yelled. The centaur beside her shot a flaming arrow into the sky and it exploded. A phoenix flew out and made a wall of fire between their warriors, and the witches warriors. The White Witch's army stopped at the wall separating them from the Narnian army, but their celebrating didn't last long. The witch used magic to make the fire disappear. It was like it wasn't there at all. 

"That's the signal. Come on!" Mr. Beaver yelled and Edmund and Kaylee ran away from the edge of the cliff. The archers were beside Kaylee and she raised her sword, waiting for the witch's soldiers to come closer before signalling them to shoot. She watched as Peter fell from his unicorn when it was shot in the leg by a dwarf. Oreius looked at us before turning around and seeing Peter. 

"Stop!" Peter yelled at them as they ran past him. The rhino took out many people before falling and Oreius jumped over the animal, taking out a few goblins before he charged at a minotaur. He lodged two swords into its back before it fell. Oreius took out another sword and let out a battle cry as he ran towards the White Witch. He jumped over the polar bears, who tried to swipe at him, and tried to cut off her head. The witch bent backwards, avoiding the sword. Oreius landed on the ground and tried to hit her again, but he used her staff and turned him to stone.

"No." Kaylee whispered and Edmund squeezed her hand before letting go.

''Thank you Kaylee, for everything.'' 

Thank you for joining me on yet another chapter, I hope you enjoyed it, please if you did leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post. I'll see you soon!

-X violet's-library