forty-five

almost two years later

•••

        "Ivy, how is your job at St. Mungo's going?" Lily asked as she sat down in front of Ivy in the OOTP headquarters. Ivy shrugged.

"It's been pretty good. Sort of stressful, though, but not any more than school was for me," Ivy said with a small shrug. Lily looked around the room for any signs of who she was about to speak of.

        "And how is Remus?"

        "He's been good. He's kept his job for a while now but I don't know how they'll react when they find out... he's so critical of himself because it's hard for him to keep a job, but I make more than enough money for both of us," Ivy said with a slight eye roll, folding her hands in her lap.

       "Will he be here today?" Lily asked as James sat down next to her, swinging an arm around her shoulder. Lily was pregnant with their baby boy, Harry. Ivy was to be the Godmother.

        "I don't think so. Unless he changes his mind. The full moon last night was particularly rough. He wanted to come though, but it would be much better for him if he stayed home," Ivy nodded, eyes going to James, who seemed to be trying to comprehend whatever conversation he just jumped in on.

        "Give him my regards. It's been a while since I saw him," Lily said, sighing, then glancing at James. "And how was your day?"

James nodded. "Pretty good."

The meeting started shortly, Dumbledore sitting in front of all of them. "Voldemort and his followers are staying at the Malfoy Manor, which isn't a huge surprise. They're probably planning to attack our headquarters soon."

It was quiet as they all stared at each other. They continued to discuss Voldemort's upcoming plans and what to do.

         "Ivy, we've heard that they have their eyes on you."

         "What?" Ivy asked in a shocked sort of way, furrowing her eyebrows and sitting up a little straighter.

        "Apparently they were told of your wit and strategic skills by someone, we do not know who. And since your mother is a pureblood Slytherin, apparently they're trying to recruit her by all means as well."

         The gears turned in Ivy's head as she tried to think of a solution. Why her? She's half-blood Ravenclaw. She doesn't understand who in the Death Eaters would know her well enough to recommend her as a strategist. It would make sense for them to want her though. She knew all the secrets of the OOTP at this point and was good at planning things.

        Ivy sighed. "Well alright. I'll be more careful from now on."

        "Yes, please do," Dumbledore said with a worried look on his face. "We'll do everything we can to protect you."

They were dismissed, going back to their homes. Ivy got up, saying goodbye to her friends and disapparating to the apartment she and Remus lived in together. She opened the door gently. Remus wasn't in their living room, so she assumed he was in bed. She set her wand down on the table, sighing. Voldemort was gaining power and she was worried. About herself, as well.

She walked to the room they shared, lightly opening the cracked door. He was sitting on the bed, reading a book. His head snapped up when he saw her.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Ivy asked, stepping into the room completely. He shut the book.

"I'm fine."

Ivy gave a small look of disbelief, walking over to sit next to him. "Do you want to hear what happened at the meeting now?"

He nodded. She told him what they went over and what was happening. He listened intently, chiming in with a comment every once in a while. He seemed very worried at the idea that Voldemort wanted Ivy on his side.