sixteen

•••

Ivy walked to the scarlet train, her luggage in her hands as she climbed the stairs. She walked down the halls, looking for an empty compartment, or one that contained the Marauders.

After looking in all of the compartments with no sign of the four boys, she found one that was empty decided to sit in there. She got out a book and began to read, sighing as she scanned the pages.

After a few minutes of doing that, the door was flung open.

"Hey!" James said flamboyantly as they walked in without invitation and sat next to her. Sirius snatched the book out of her hand as she began to protest.

"No reading! Not today! Exams are over, let's have some fun!" Sirius said as he placed the book on top of her suitcase. They made it too loud to read anyways.

         Remus and Sirius sat on both sides of her. Ivy was wearing the green shirt that Remus had gotten her for her birthday.

          "That's the shirt I got you," He said, causing Ivy to look down at it. She smiled.

          "Yeah. It's a favorite of mine. My mum might be angry because a little bit of my stomach's showing." Ivy said as they all looked down at her cropped shirt.

         "Marlene did say that's the style. It isn't even that revealing," Remus said as she tore her eyes from the shirt to look at him.

         "Well my mum will probably flip. She thinks I'll get kidnapped down some dark alley if I'm not completely covered up or something," Ivy said with a small laugh as they looked at each other. Sirius was watching them with an incredulous expression on his face.

         "Oh my god, just snog already!" Sirius exclaimed in a high voice, causing James and Peter to chuckle. Ivy rolled her eyes and scoffed, a small smile playing on her lips. Remus was blushing profusely.

        "Anyways, moving swiftly on, what are you guys's plans for the summer?" She asked as Remus finally recovered from the embarrassment.

        "Nothing much. Probably hang out at James's house a lot." Sirius said as James nodded in agreement.

        "I don't have anything planned at the moment." Remus said as James scoffed.

        "Oh come on, you'll be hanging out with Padfoot and me! You too, Wormtail!" James exclaimed as the Remus and Peter grinned.

         "What do those nicknames stand for? Like, I know what Remus's means, but what about the rest of you?" Ivy inquired as the four boys looked at each other, trying to find an excuse. Ivy gasped. "You guys are hiding something!"

        "Okay, you might not believe us, but here it goes." James began slowly as Ivy listened with a slightly fearful look on her face. He cleared his throat. "We are unregistered Animagus's."

         "The term is Animagi." Ivy corrected as James rolled his eyes and readjusted how he was sitting.

         "Are you serious? I just told you that we are doing something very illegal and you corrected my grammar?"

        "No, I'm Sirius!" Sirius said with a grin as Ivy laughed. She looked at James, slightly confused with a small smile.

        "This is so chaotic I don't even know where to begin." Ivy said as she stood up to look at all of them. "So you are all unregistered animagi. Except Remus. And that's where the nicknames come from."

"Yes. I'm a dog, James is a stag, and Peter is a rat." Sirius's said proudly as he stood up and transformed into a big shaggy dog. Ivy yelped and drew the blinds quickly.