eleven

•••

"Remus!" Ivy yelled, walking down the hallway quickly with a slightly angry expression. "You didn't tell me today was your birthday!"

Remus smiled, "I didn't want you to get me anything."

"Oh, shut up!" Ivy said loudly. Remus looked at her with an amused twinkle in his eye.

"I appreciate your friendship, I don't need a gift," Remus said. Ivy could barely contain her excitement.

"That's too bad, because I got you something!" Ivy said as she opened her bag and pulled out a few neatly wrapped presents.

Remus gasped. "I thought you didn't know because I never told you!"

"Sirius told me last Hogsmeade weekend."

Remus scowled as he thought about Sirius, his smug, winking face popping into his head. "That bastard."

"Open it!" Ivy exclaimed as Remus took the first present and peeled back the wrapping paper carefully with a smile.

It was a book about charms. "Sirius also mentioned that your favorite class was charms. I don't know why, I despise that class."

Remus looked at it in admiration, flipping the pages gently.

"Okay, open the next one!"

This one was a bag. He looked in and it contained a few chocolate frogs and sugar quills from Honeydukes.

"I didn't need to ask about your favorite candy, I figured this out myself," Ivy said with a satisfied smile.

Remus looked at his presents with a shocked smile. "You outdid yourself."

"No I didn't. I honestly thought about getting you more."

Remus smiled. "Thank you. Really. It means a lot."

"Don't mention it."

•••

"April Fools is in less than a week! We need a prank!" James yelled loudly, slamming his fists on the ground out where they were sitting in the courtyard.

        Yesterday was James's birthday, and he made very big deal about it. Ivy got him things from Zonko's and some candy.

        "I don't know what you want me to say. I haven't done very many pranks in the past." Ivy said as James scoffed.

        "What I'm trying to say is that you need to help! You're the mastermind behind most of our pranks!"

        "We could make the castle covered in snow," Ivy said stupidly with a smile on her face.

        "That's perfect!" James shouted as Ivy laughed, shaking her head.

        "I didn't think you were gonna take it Seriously."

        "It's kind of stupid, but so are we," Sirius said as he shot a wink at Ivy.

        Around a week later, Ivy found herself walking with James, Remus, Peter, and Sirius at midnight. They stopped next to the Great Hall to plan out what they would do.

        "Okay. We'll all split up and cast the snow making charm. Sirius and I will take the map and go to the east wing and the dungeons, Remus and Peter will take the cloak and go to the west wing. James, you're going to create a distraction next to filch's office, and lock him in. Then join Remus's group or us, whoever you see first. Lock the door from the outside with magic. Then we'll meet here and walk back to our dorms. Make sure you cover your footprints with the obliteration charm!" Ivy said. They all nodded and walked their separate ways, waving goodbye.