thirteen

from ivy's perspective

•••

       Last night when I found out about Remus's secret, I didn't know how to react. Well, I still don't know how to react.

        At first I felt hurt. It felt like he didn't trust me enough to share a huge secret like that. At the same time, I knew I was being irrational. I wouldn't have told anybody if I were him. The amount of controversy that surrounds werewolves is insane. And for what?

        Sirius, James, and Peter already knew and I was sure of it. They're always around him. When Sirius asked me about my opinion on werewolves, I don't think that was a coincidence.

        But now, it's a new day. I had two options: pretend I never found out, or confront him. It's gonna be hard, but I know I have to do the latter.

        I put on my Hogwarts robes, slipping on my skirt and black shoes. I grabbed my hairbrush and brushed my hair. It was finally past my shoulders. Chloe and her friends were still sleeping. They weren't as annoying as I thought they were. I kind of stereotyped them as the annoying popular girls, which in my defense, they kind of are.

        I walked out of the common room and down the corridor, sighing. I really had no clue how to ask Remus about his lycanthropy. Even though I'm not often wrong, I'm still nervous. What if he just happens to have a weak immune system and I only notice around the full moon?

        I spotted James's messy head of hair and decided to walk to breakfast with them. I'm gonna have to talk to Remus soon anyways.

        I walked up to them slowly and said a hello, smiling at the group. They said hi back.

"Remus, it seems as if you're cured from your cold," I said with a smile. He laughed nervously.

"Yeah, I'm feeling much better," He said, shrugging. I've finally realized that he isn't a very good liar. We walked to breakfast and I walked away to where the Ravenclaws were sitting.

I was one of the only ones at the Ravenclaw table, and I decided to take this time to study, like a few others were. It wasn't much help, all I could think of was Remus. I knew I was being stupid. It's not that big of a deal, I really don't give a damn if someone is a werewolf or not. I just don't like asking questions about people's personal life. It's not my place to ask.

Once it got too loud to study, I put away my book. I wasn't very hungry at the moment. Chloe waltzed in and sat next to me. I said a quiet hello and continued to stare at the wall.

"You okay, babes? You look a bit pale." Chloe said as she piled fruit on her plate.

"I'm fine. I just didn't get much sleep last night. I had Astronomy," I said, which was half true. She smiled and muttered an 'okay' as she took a bite of an apple.

When breakfast was over, I walked to Transfiguration and was first at my table. I sat down and got out my notes that were filled with doodles and annotations plus my Transfiguration book. The Marauders strutted in the classroom and sat at their designated seats.

        I smiled at Remus and looked down at my notes. He got out his quill and ink, waiting for class to begin.

Class started and I didn't do very good. I really needed to ask Remus soon, it was getting in the way of focusing. It's not even a big deal at all. Why am I so nervous? Can't I just ask a question?

        After Transfiguration, I walked to potions and sat down. I knew this class was going to be a hot mess. If I can't focus in Transfiguration, I definitely won't be able to focus in Potions. In Potions, everything you do matters. A little too much or too less of one ingredient can make it a disaster.