twenty-nine

if you would like a visual for Ivy's dress,   it's on www.promfy.com titled 'royal blue satin thigh-high slit long prom dress'

•••

And we resume. The group of teenagers got ready for the New Years' party, putting on nice suits and dresses. Ivy walked into her room and grabbed the dress from where it was hanging up to avoid wrinkles. It was a royal blue color. It was satin and had a slit that showed part of her leg. She put on her beige stiletto heels and curled her hair, causing it to be shorter than it already was. She began to touch up her makeup as Sirius knocked on her door.

        "Can I come in?" He spoke, his voice muffled.

         "Yeah," Ivy replied as she brushed her eyelids with eyeshadow. Sirius came in with a nice suit on. He gasped once he saw Ivy.

        "You look gorgeous. The boys out there will wet themselves once they see you."

        Ivy shook her head exasperatedly, adding the finishing touches to her makeup. Sirius walked over, peering in the mirror from behind her. They talked for a few more minutes as they got ready. Ivy sighed.

"I've got to finish my makeup, it might take a few minutes. Tell them I'll be out soon."

         "Alright. Can't wait to see the other boys' jaws drop!" Sirius said with the clap of his hands as he sauntered out of her room. After a few minutes, she gave one last short nod to the mirror before opening the door timidly.

       Remus, James, Sirius, and Peter were standing in the hallway, looking at the time. They all had nice suits on. Sirius's was the most flashy, it was red and black, while the other three went for more neutral colors. James heaved an annoyed, short groan.

        "Ugh, took you long enough," James began, stopping once he took his eyes off the clock on the wall. The boys except Sirius stared at her, wide-eyed. Remus felt a blush rise up his cheeks as he looked at her. The heels added a good few inches to her height, making it easier for all of them to talk to her. She approached them with the small bag that matched her shoes, a smile playing on her lips.

        "Come on, let's get going, shall we?" Ivy said, pushing them towards the ballroom that happened to be located in James's house.

        "Don't you look lovely," Remus said with a smile. Ivy gave a laugh, saying a bashful thank you.

James, Sirius, and Peter made knowing eye contact and purposefully walked a little slower than the two in front of them. After a few minutes of walking and not talking at all, Ivy glanced at Remus timidly. "By the way, you look nice too, Remus." She said. Remus looked at the ground, but she could still make out a smile on his face. They reached the dance floor. "Should we dance?"

"I'm not very good at dancing," Remus said, rubbing the back of his neck. Ivy shrugged.

"We don't have to, then. It's not very fun, anyways."

"Are you any good at dancing?" Remus asked as they sat down in the chairs.

"Yeah, I guess. Like I said today, I do ballet sometimes and ballroom dancing was just an added class. So this is all kind of second nature," Ivy said with a shrug. James and Sirius were dancing with each other completely wrong and bumping into people as they ungracefully waltzed around. Peter was off chatting with some adults.

"I'm not all that good at dancing or ice skating. I'm too lanky or something," Remus said with a short laugh. Ivy smiled.

"You weren't that bad at ice skating."

"You're a shitty liar."