twenty-seven

•••

"Remus, y'know, I've been thinking lately: You need a girlfriend since you're a coward and won't make a move on Little Miss Ravenclaw!" James said a bit too loudly at lunch in the Great Hall.

"What? I thought he already has a girlfriend, that short brunette girl. Is that Little Miss Ravenclaw?" Alice intervened confusedly, Frank agreeing with her.

"You mean that Ivy girl? Yeah, aren't you two together?" Lily asked, resting her head on her hand.

"Not officially," Sirius answered for him, clapping him on the back. "But they basically act like a couple."

"Ugh, shut up," Remus said, looking down at his plate of food before noticing them all looking past him to the Ravenclaw table. "And stop looking at her, she'll get suspicious!"

The eight Gryffindors turned around hastily from where they were staring at Ivy, who pretended not to notice. She was talking to Chloe, who was ranting about how she didn't understand Transfiguration.

         "It's so confusing! How does anyone manage to get good grades in that class?!" Chloe said angrily as Ivy nodded.

"I manage to keep up, barely. It's usually so draining," Ivy said, eating her food. Jessica shrugged.

        "I don't even know. I have no clue what's going on in that class," Jessica said as she finished her lunch, tucking a piece of black hair behind her ear.

Soon enough, lunch was over and they spent the rest of their day nattering pointlessly. Ivy found herself wandering over to where James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus were sitting.

"Are you guys excited for Christmas? Because I am! We go home tomorrow!" Sirius shouted excitedly, kicking a leg up in the air. Ivy sat down next to him.

"I guess. My parents are rather overbearing and nosy though, so I'd rather not, honestly," Ivy said, pulling her cardigan tighter around her as a gust of icy wind blew past them. She got out something for Transfiguration and began studying. After a few minutes of reading, Sirius slapped the book out of her hand.

"Stop! You shouldn't be stressing already! Enjoy Christmas, sing Christmas songs!" Sirius said, leaning on her. She scowled. "Fa la la la la, la la la la!"

        Chloe, Jessica, and Bella came waltzing over, sitting down around Ivy.

         "Hey. Ivy, I'm dreadful at Potions, can you help me?" Chloe said pleadingly. Ivy nodded. Chloe grinned and handed her the essay that she had started to write. "I don't have that much left, I just need some tips and I should be able to write it."

       Ivy nodded. "It's pretty good. Try to write bigger or go more into detail so it can take up the whole five pages. And make sure you you talk about everything, you're dancing around the topic of what happens if Polyjuice Potion is brewed wrong."

        Chloe said thank you and scribbled furiously said Ivy got back to her own work, sighing as she flipped the pages warily.

          "Oh my god, do you remember when we had that birthday party for Sirius like a month ago?" James said as he pushed up his glasses. Sirius laughed.

        "That was fun! And little miss goody-two-shoes Ivy got drunk for the first time!" Sirius exclaimed nodding. Ivy prayed that none of her friends would bring up that time in Hogsmeade. Of course, that's exactly what they did.

           "I don't know if it was her first time," Bells said as Jessica and Chloe laughed knowingly. The other four looked confused as Ivy hid her face in her book, trying to block them out.

        "What's the story behind that?" Remus asked with a smile. Ivy shot a look over to Bella from behind the large book she was burying her face in. Bella sighed.

        "I'd love to tell you, but I'd be massacred by someone. Let's just say Ivy is a lightweight and two sips of Butterbeer can get her drunk and talking," Bella explained. Ivy rolled her eyes as she placed the book down, shoving her.

        "Oh shut up! It was more that two sips, and I wasn't even drunk," Ivy said as she stuck her nose in the air, haughty as ever. The four boys watched amusedly.

        "Wait, that wasn't your first time getting tipsy?" Sirius asked as he looked over at Ivy. Ivy crossed her arms, closing her book.

        "It was Butterbeer. No one can get drunk off of Butterbeer," Ivy said, scoffing.

         "Well, you did an awful lot of talking about—"

        "That's enough!" Ivy said, interrupting Jessica and leaving the four boys confused and curious. 

        "Jessica, you can tell me later," Sirius whispered, trying to be subtle but failing since everyone heard him. Jessica winked and nodded. Ivy rolled her eyes and stuffed her book into her bag.

        Soon enough, after idly chatting to everyone, it was dinner time and a conversation with Marlene McKinnon was due. The Great Hall was decorated with snowflakes and several other Christmas decorations.

     They talked about all sorts of different things. From Quidditch to classes to Christmas Break, and more. Marlene talked about some Ravenclaw guy she had been chatting to. Ivy knew him, and he seemed nice enough. They've studied together before.

    Soon enough, Ivy was walking back to her dorm, getting ready to study and do homework. Chloe, Jessica, and Bella were all in the dorm also. Jessica was in the bathroom while Bella and Chloe chatted about funny memories that had happened in fourth year.

        Ivy took a shower and got ready for bed, putting her short, curly hair into a ponytail, all while thinking of Remus. Specifically his furry little problem. Ivy knew that if they dated, it would be different. Werewolves were frowned upon greatly because of people like Fenir Greyback. She didn't care that Remus was a werewolf at all. He was still a person and a great one at that. A handsome, kind, smart one. She crawled into bed and fell asleep slowly, excited about Christmas break.

•••

THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR 5K READS!!!!!

(also sorry this chapter is a bit short)