six

•••

        It was almost time for Christmas break. The great hall was decorated with snowflakes and Christmas trees.

Since their quidditch game, Their team had lost against Slytherin, but they won against Hufflepuff and their next game was the week after Christmas Break.

Around a month ago, Sirius announced that his birthday was in a week. Ivy got him some hair supplies and candy.

        On another note, Remus looked horrible. The full moon was tomorrow, and he felt just like he looked. Ivy, of course, noticed how he was. She knew that he was not doing good. He was sensitive to light and sound, and every time someone spoke, he flinched.

        "Remus... are you okay?" Ivy asked as James, Sirius, Peter, and Remus walked down the hallway.

        "I just have a cold," Remus said, waving a hand. Ivy narrowed her eyes.

"I think that's your third cold this school year," She said, pondering something with a small smile. "You need more vitamins!"

Sirius did a poor job of stifling his laugh. Remus smiled weakly. "Thank you for the suggestion."

"Of course!" Ivy said, her cheerfulness slightly sarcastic. "I've got to part ways. I will see you later."

Ivy sat at the Ravenclaw table in her usual spot, occasionally talking to her roommates. She picked around at her food before deciding she wasn't hungry. Remus stared at her from the Gryffindor table.

"Tomorrow is a Hogsmeade weekend. Get her a Christmas gift!" James said as he followed to where Remus's eyes were staring.

Remus gave him a look. After lunch, Ivy had herbology with Hufflepuff. Of course, the whole Hufflepuff class was very good at herbology. Ivy was decent, but it definitely wasn't her strongest subject.

Eventually, it was time for dinner. Ivy ate quickly and walked to the Library to study before she had to go to her dorm. Ivy took pride in her grades. It was one of the only things Ivy was really good at.

        Her mom took grades very seriously. Her dad didn't care as much. Justin, her brother, was smart, he just didn't try as hard as Ivy.

        Ivy was quite adamant on finding out what sickness he had and why he has such a weak immune system. Not because she was nosy, but because it's interesting. Well, some of it is definitely because of her nosiness.

        She revised her notes and read a few books about certain subjects. Ivy loved potions. In her opinion, it was really neat that you could form a liquid that could do almost anything.

Suddenly, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter walked in. Ivy scrambled to hide behind one of the comfy armchairs. Her heart pounded as they walked down to the last shelf.

"Who should we prank next. I say Slytherin!"

"Ivy's brother is in Slytherin—"

"Ooh, worrying about your girlfriend, are we?"

"Shut up."

Ivy rolled her eyes as she felt her cheeks turn a light shade of pink. They weren't in a romantic relationship, nonetheless boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Hufflepuff," Sirius said as James and Remus nodded. Sirius started to sketch out the idea of their prank. They were planning on hanging up Gryffindor banners in the common room and changing some people's hair to red and others to gold.