forty-two

•••

        "How will Ivy be getting here?" Sirius asked Remus as he sat down on the couch, grabbing a magazine from the coffee table in front of them.

        "She said she'll get here by apparition at five o'clock," Remus said with a nod as James walked out of the guest room, humming a song merrily.

        "Well, she should be here soon then. How did your parents take the news about you two?" James asked, looking out the window like that would help her come faster.

        "They're more excited than me, I think. They want to meet her really bad. I hope they aren't over the top with it," Remus said with the roll of his eyes as a loud crack sound rang out. They all turned to look at the door, where Ivy knocked politely.

         Sirius jumped up to get it, almost falling with how happy he was to see her. "Ivy! You're here!"

        He wrapped her in a hug. After a few seconds, the other three gave her short hugs.

        Remus's parents decided to make an appearance, causing Remus to look away as they greeted Ivy enthusiastically.

"It's so great to meet you! We've heard so much!" His mother said with a warm smile, shaking her hand. Ivy smiled. Ivy wasn't charming in the intimidating way Chloe, or Marlene, or even Sirius was. She looked much more friendly, which her short stature helped with quite a bit, but her large vocabulary and use of long sentences scared people with her knowledge anyway.

        The previous day, Remus's parents asked all the questions there were to ask about Ivy. They now knew what her Hogwarts house was, her blood type, her height, her hobbies, all the way to things like her zodiac sign.

        They chatted for a few more minutes. It seemed to be going fine, so the boys migrated away until their conversation was over. Once it was done, they decided to take a trip to Hogsmeade.

        "I couldn't help but overhear your conversation, Ivy," Sirius began, obviously trying to tease her. She glared at him. "They seemed to love you. What did you say to be liked so much?"

"I just used my natural charm, that's all," Ivy said with a smile and a shrug as they walked through the streets of Hogsmeade, turning into Honeydukes and looking around.

Remus stood behind Ivy, looking at what she was.

"Fizzing Whizbees. Have you ever had them?" Ivy asked, looking behind her shoulder at him.

"Yes. Once. I wasn't a very big fan," Remus said with a small nod, recalling the memory where Sirius forced him to try it because he loved them so much.

"Me neither," Ivy said as she crossed her arms across her chest, sighing. "Do you think your parents liked me?"

That question seemed rather sudden and out of the blue, so Remus kind of stared at her for a second as he thought of a response. "Yes. They really seemed to like you. Because you're smart and kind and just a good person overall."

Ivy turned around to look at him, adjusting the thin jacket she had on. "There you go again with the flattery."

He grinned, causing a small smile to slip onto her face before she walked away to where the other three were talking, Remus trailing after her.

They paid after a few minutes, getting their candy and sweets, then walking to the three broomsticks and ordering Butterbeer.

"Are you guys nervous about the N.E.W.T. results?" James said with a raise of his eyebrows as he looked around at the group.