epilogue

1995

•••

"Who did you say was coming today?" Harry asked Sirius in Grimmauld Place, waiting for more members of the Order to arrive.

"I think everyone is here except Ivy Scott. Your Godmother," Sirius said with a nod, looking around the room that consisted of Molly Weasley, Ron, Hermione, Fred, and George.

"Oh, right. Her," Harry said, almost sounding a little nervous at the idea of meeting Ivy. Sirius barked a laugh.

"Don't worry, she's great! And no one else has met her either, so you won't be the only one. Oh! You know the map? Well, she's the honorary member. Talons," Sirius said, shrugging as he sat down next to Harry. He gasped.

"I always wondered who that was! What's she like?"

"She's super smart, but definitely has a rebellious streak. She's a healer."

"Did you say this Ivy person is a healer?" Hermione interjected, Ron trailing after her with a small frown on his face.

"She is! She's a lot like you, Hermione," Sirius said with a smile. Hermione grinned, Ron smirked.

"Great, we'll have another know-it-all," Ron muttered to Harry, overheard by Hermione.

"Oh shut it, Ron!" Hermione shouted, rolling her eyes. "She's probably wonderful."

"She's sort of like Remus, but a little less welcoming and more haughty," Sirius nodded, realizing how that made her seem once the words were out of his mouth.

"Since she's my Godmother and you're my Godfather... were you two dating?" Harry asked, his eyebrows furrowed. Sirius smirked, opening his mouth to answer before interrupted.

"I'd rather bash my own head in than date that idiot," Ivy said, hand on her hip as she entered the room. Sirius grinned, getting up to greet her. He gave her a swift hug.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet Ivy Scott," Sirius said. Everyone turned to look at the short woman in the doorway. Ivy blinked, looking at everyone in turn.

She walked over to Harry, sticking out her hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Harry. I'm sure you've already been told, but I'm your Godmother."

Harry shook her hand, offering a smile. Ivy gave him one right back before sitting down next to him, Sirius in front of the whole group.

"I know you probably get it quite often, you look a lot like your father. And you have your mother's eyes," Ivy said with a sigh, setting her bag down.

"Were you friends with my parents?" Harry asked, looking over at Ivy.

"Yes. I was closer with James than Lily if I'm being honest," Ivy said with a smile.

"What were they like?"

Ivy thought about which words to use carefully. "James... was a bit of a prick. But his heart was always in the right place. And Lily was truly amazing. Smart, kind."

"We heard you're a healer," Hermione said, leaning forward to look at her. Ivy smiled.

"Yup. I just came from there, actually. That's why I'm here so late," Ivy said with a shrug. She looked to Ron. "You're Molly's kid? Ron?"

"Um, yes," Ron said, stuttering. Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm Hermione."

"Great to meet you. And you, Ron."