seventeen

•••

        Ivy got all of her stuff together, folding her clothes and placing them in a bag neatly. Remus, Peter, Sirius, James, and his parents were traveling to her house through the Floo Network.

        They had negotiated a few days ago how they would get there and back, and that's what they decided on. It took some persuading to get her parents to allow her to stay overnight with all boys, but Ivy managed to get them to say yes with a few lies. Her parents still believed Sirius and Peter were gay and both Remus and James had girlfriends.

        Ivy heard voices talking. She rushed to get all her stuff and slip on her shoes.

        "Ivy! Your friends are here!" Her mum yelled up the stairs.

         "Coming!"

        Ivy walked down the stairs, her bag swaying from side to side as she stepped down them. Her mom's eyes looked up and down her body, observing the outfit she was wearing. It was a cropped white shirt and a plaid pink skirt. A small bit of her stomach was showing, which made her mum glared at her. Ivy glared back as she brushed past her and walked over to the four boys in her living room.

"She'll come home tomorrow through the Floo Network again." Fleamont Potter said as Ivy's mother gave a stiff nod, plastering a smile on her face.

Euphemia grabbed the Floo powder.

"Potter Manor!" She said clearly as she was whirled away, leaving nothing where she was standing. James was next. He shouted the same thing. Ivy was next. She said goodbye to her parents and grabbed the powder.

        "Potter Manor!" She shouted, feeling the familiar sensation before she appeared in their fireplace, stepping out and brushing herself off. They waited for the other three to appear. Once they did, Fleamont greeted her.

        "Hello Ivy, nice to meet you!" He said, sticking his hand out to shake hers. She shook it, letting go quickly. He had a very firm handshake. "We are glad to have you!"

        "Thank you, Mr. Potter."

        "Please, call me Fleamont."

        "Yes, and call me Euphemia," Euphemia said as she walked past them.

        "Okay... Fleamont," Ivy hesitated as he nodded and smiled.

        "Ivy, let me show you around!" James interrupted as he grabbed her arm and walked her down a hallway. It was a very big house. He showed her to the room she would be sleeping in, which was right across from James's. Remus was in the room adjacent to hers, and Peter was across from Remus's. Sirius was on the other side of Ivy.

She dropped off her stuff and walked back out, joining James back on his grand tour. He showed her all the bathrooms and all the kitchens and it took quite a while to get around the whole house. Once they were done, they walked back where Fleamont and Euphemia were sitting on the couch.

"So, Ivy, I hear you're in Ravenclaw! How's that? Do you remember what the sorting hat said?" Fleamont said as Ivy shrugged.

"The sorting hat said I was loyal, so that contributed to Hufflepuff a bit. But he said that Ravenclaw was the obvious option. The Ravenclaw tower has a nice view of the school grounds, so that's always nice to look at." Ivy said as Fleamont nodded.

"Ah, that sounds nice." He nodded as James clapped his hands, interrupting once again.

"Alright. We should go somewhere. Let's go to Diagon Alley." James said, thinking out loud. He grabbed the Floo Powder without warning and shouted 'Diagon Alley.'