Chapter 10: Lies.

After getting up and heading downstairs I saw that there was a note left on the coffee table, it read: Sorry I couldn't take you to school this morning, I had to go in for work early today. I did get to pack you your favorite lunch. Its in the frige. Love, Mom.
Guess I'll be waking to school then, ouuuu but yay my I get (your favorite meal) for lunch today! I finished getting ready for school, grabbed my lunch and headed out the door. I was going to be a little late to school but that was okay. I heard the bell ringing from the distance and saw Tokoyami standing at the main gate. "Was he waiting for me?" I thought. He saw me and came up to me. Dark shadow appeared and said in excitement "Sooo this is the girllll I can see why you like her hehe she's pretty!!" I was very shocked at this. I blushed and looked at tokoyami as he was yelling at dark shadow to return to him and to keep his trap closed. I pretened to ignore what DS said but I couldn't help but be a little embarassed for Tokoyami. "Hey um is everything okay?" I asked. "Oh yes everything is quite well. I um didn't see you this morning so I had figured you were running a little behind. So somebodyyy had the idea to wait for you, and walk to class together." Tokoyami replied also mentioned DS's idea. "Oh yea I kinda slept in... but you didn't have to wait for me." I said. "Well I thought I would give DS's idea a try." Tokoyami said. Thats very thoughtful of you, we should probably get to class now...the bell already rang." I said in a somewhat panicked manner. We both ran inside the school and to our class. "So everyone that is why when you use your quirk out in public you have to-
*door opens*
Tokoyami and I came in right as Mr.Aizawa was speaking. We're so dead. Mr. Aizawa kept silent as Tokoyami and I sat down in our seats and then proceeded to continue his lecture. I covered my face with my hands and Tokoyami a little embarrassed looked back at me.
_______Time skip to lunch_______
The bell rang and everybody got up from their seats and walked out the door to the cafeteria. Tokoyami was starting to head out the door and I was putting my school supplies away, when Mr.Aizawa called us up to his front desk. "Tokoyami (Y/N) please come here I have a few questions to ask you." Tokoyami and I walked up to his desk. "Yes sir?" We both asked. Mr. Aizawa. He replied, "Can you two please explain to me why you've been late to class, yesterday and today? Now (Y/N) I know with your mom's situation at home, and your mental health is time consuming especially in the mornings, but you've never been late two days in a row. As for you Tokoyami, these are your first two tardies so far this year. Usually you're always on time or even early." Tokoyami replied to Mr. Aizawa, "I'm sorry I was late sir, the reason behind that is because- "It's because Tokoyami had to give me a ride to school and since my house is a little far from his and the school, it took a little longer than expected." I blurted out unexpectedly. I thought to myself "what the fuck?? What did I just say? Why did I lie for him?" Tokoyami looked at me in surprise and shock. Mr. Aizawa Raised and eyebrow and then said "Very well, then I won't discipline you two since you weren't goofing off." "Okay! Thank you sir!" Tokoyami and I both said before leaving the room.
"What was that all about?" Tokoyami asked me as I tried to walk away. Stopping in m tracks I told him "I-I don't know.. I'm sorry, I just blurted it out." "No need for apologies, actually I am quite glad that you made an excuse up for me, I know I probably sounded like I knew what I was going to say but that's not the case..." Tokoyami replied. I didn't really think anything of it. Maybe he thought Mr. Aizawa was going to scold him for waiting for me. At least we aren't in trouble, that's good.
--------Mr. Aizawa's POV:---------
"Did they leave?" I thought to myself. "I think so, that was a stupid lie. Even Kaminari could see through (Y/N) well maybe...I do trust thoes two, I don't apreciate them lying to me, but must have been a good reason to."